Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it's been asked, but I couldn't find a definate answer. Where can I find some drilled / slotted rotors for my SVT. Checked CFM, but all I saw was were the solid looking rotors. I guess on that note, do the drilled / slotted rotors really make any difference in brake performance? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Several of the SVT owners here are running Centric solid rotors with Hawk brake pads. I will be purchasing the same setup from C-F-M in the next couple of months for my SVT. This LINK contains a thread where some of the guys at FF that autocross and he is running the setup I described, and they say is good on the street and on the track. BTW it's about $100 cheaper. But if you feel you need crossdrilled and slotted Zeckhausen Sells centric crossdrilled and slotted rotors. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I'm sure it's been asked, but I couldn't find a definate answer. Where can I find some drilled / slotted rotors for my SVT. Checked CFM, but all I saw was were the solid looking rotors. I guess on that note, do the drilled / slotted rotors really make any difference in brake performance? Thanks guys.

Please don't use drilled or slotted rotors. A solid rotor used with a performance pad will give you better performance and much longer pad life. Two quality and very popular rotors are the Centrics and Brembos. Both can be purchased for less than most drilled or slotted rotor. If looks are a factor the Centrics come with e-coated hubs and edges. For more info as to why drilled and slotted are not recommended please read some of the stickied brake articles at the beginning of this forum.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Third, There is no benefit on drilled or slotted rotors, or a combo of both. That reduces the braking surface area. People claim they have better braking power with them, but it is a combination of different rotor material, and better pads.

Edit #3: Drilled and slotted were good for older type brake pads that released gases when used, and would have no where to escape. Now the pads are gas free, and thus do not need anywhere to escape.

~Kevin
to quote part of a post I made in a different thread about 30 minutes ago

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, I also recommend the Hawk HPS Plus pads and Centric rotors. Nice combo and rotors dont rust bc of that black coating. A nice touch. Great for street and those occassional track days. Then go get yourself a set of Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs and your braking performance will go through the roof.

The Hawk HPS Plus pads can be a little scary though when its winter time near freezing and heavy rains. They take a second or two to heat up. So in other words they dont work for that period of time. So give your self at least double the following distance you normally would in cold foul weather driving.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
They can crack to, sometimes within a few thousand miles depending on the quality. I had EBC dimpled and slotted, similar effect but without the worry of cracking them, I put nearly 70K miles on them to before I replaced them. Good luck with yours, I hope they are atleast a reputable quality brand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts