Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to my machine shop, my SVT rods and pistons are "still in like new condition", so I want to use them in one of my regular Zetec engines that I already have torn down.

My question is: Does anyone know if my SCR will go up if I stay with a Zetec head gasket? And if so, how thick of a gasket would I need to go with to stay as close as I can to 9.5:1?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not use the svt engine.
I kind-of misworded what I wrote. The SVT rods and pistons are just going back in the block they came from, but I have a Zetec head to put on it.

This build is for my boosted ZX3, thus the Zetec head, but, I don't plan on ever running the SVT head anyway. I already have a Zetec in my SVT now, and I'm gathering parts to boost it.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it will be higher compression , you would need to CC your head and do the math and see what your compression would be

Tom
Thanks for the tip Tom.

I noticed you mentioned in an older thread that the Hastings 2C4992 ring set fits SVT pistons.

I noticed they only mention 3 rings per piston in their pack, but, Tasca and others show the "official" SVT ring set to be 4 rings per piston.

Is the 4th ring not needed with the Hastings kit?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Havent used that # in a long time , there should be 4 rings in the hastings or there always was

Tom
Is there an alternative kit # from them? Or did you mean brand? I don't want to pay Ford $200+ for $50 worth of rings if it's not necessary. I'm only going to be running ~12lbs of boost. ............... or, maybe 20lbs. Bwahahaha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts