Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SMTNBLU
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some o the Focus Performance Rims/ AKA the SVT rims. I want to paint them (I have a '07 ZX5, Aqua). Husband says Flat Black, I say too common and I don't want to paint them gold/bronze look sot much like I wish I had a suburu. I wanted to paint the rim the same color as my car and the spokes flat black, he said too much work (He does autobody I'm not actually paying for anything).

Any suggestions on color? Any photos, I've tried looking but I just see them in black, gold, or the original color.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
why not color match... i think it would look good..

if you dont like have you paint them soemthing else..

·
Registered
340 Posts
yea I personally like glossy black, if black rims arent your thing then I would say the color match would look good

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Racing gold or bronze, can't go wrong there.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Or white!
Posted via FF Mobile

·
SMTNBLU
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like white rims on a white car just not so sure about on the blue. I personally wouldn't mind purple - the right shade though :)

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
black with a color matched rim, its a little bit of work, but it will look fantastic.

If you want an easy way to do it. Paint the rims gloss black, and go online. They sell vinyl color strips for motorcycle wheels that you can stick on and make the work hella ez.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post here! :)
Why not try a black lip w/ color matched spokes? Looks good on my eggyolk yellow hatch, different rims here tho...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts