Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a stupid question, but has anyone tried to mount SVT recaros in an Audi A4? I picked a pair of these up (black leather, heated, airbags, excellent condition) and I was attempting to get them in my A4. Bsaically it's not working so great. I've tried the audi forums, but no luv there.

[email protected]

Thanks!

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Hey,

Sorry you're having trouble, but I've heard that - although they LOOK exactly the same as the ones offered in Audis - they're actually custom made for each model, and that the mounting is totally different between Focus and A4.

(Now, in case you ever want to turn around and SELL these, please give me dibs! [;)])

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
I was going to say mounting brackets will be different... never heard of this swap but I would imagine you would have to get custom-fabricated mounts to match the Audi? Plus the electrical hook-ups would have to be patched together. Honestly, you're not too likely to find someone who has tried this swap on this forum but perhaps someone out there has tried it.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
yup, you gota make new mounting spots in ur a4 along with custums bracket for the seat itself

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Yea, I think I may try to sell them. Unfortunatly I can't post to the classifieds until I get 25 posts. I paid $1200 for these and they are in perfect condition (except some minor scuffing on the plastic trim). The leather is clean and like new. If I get my 1200 back, I'll be happy. In in the Pittsburgh PA area.

Any takers?
[email protected]

If you need some more pics, let me know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, based on some market research, I think that $1100 is fair. I saw some other seats going for 1000, but they were a bit worn. I bought these from a guys that said they were new and from the looks of the leather, I can vouch for that. I added some more pics to:
http://www.ezpixs.com/Gallery/default.asp?folder=000010014500010&categoryID=3

Sorry, but I added some leather cleaner and didn't get all the spots off :(. Thoughts?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Before you sell them. What about taking the sliders and mounting hardware off your seats and fitting it to these?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm about 90% sure that the hardware is attached oddly to the seats. There are four gold boolts on the bracket that come off, but that only removes the seat bottom. The rest of the bracket seems intergrated into the seat back as well as the seat belt holder thing. Unless I'm missing something that is.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
please post up in the buy sell trade area if you are going to sell these, not here in showroom.

thank you.

with that out of the way, the seats look PRIME! so nice!

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
You're gonna love em Anthony! [:D]

For those wondering why they don't fit, Recaro uses OEM seat frames to make their seats that are available from the factory. They just fit their foam and seat covers to the frames and voila: OEM Recaro seats.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts