Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm not new to the forum, just got locked out of my old login "H.I.svt"
Had been in school for a while but when I finished I started working on my focus again. It has been a 2-year project so far, and I wanted to post some pictures that I was able to take during the process. Here are some pictures of my Recaro seats after they were reupholstered. Leather with suede.

They are not in the car yet, but as soon as they are, I will post more pics!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Very nice.........[thumb]

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Looks nice. Has the correct stiching been used for the airbags? if you dont mind saying how much did that set you back?

Reactions: plonker

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice. Has the correct stiching been used for the airbags? if you dont mind saying how much did that set you back?
Honestly, I don't know if they did, they saw they were there so I'm hoping they did.
What would happen if they hadn't? Airbag won't deploy?
Otherwise it set me back almost two stacks.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
The thread needs to be a special type for airbag deplotment so it will deploy and deploy correctly. At least from my research has shown this. My guess is if you went to an appropriate upholstery shop that works on cars they will have done this. Should be easy to call up the vendor and ask them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thread needs to be a special type for airbag deplotment so it will deploy and deploy correctly. At least from my research has shown this. My guess is if you went to an appropriate upholstery shop that works on cars they will have done this. Should be easy to call up the vendor and ask them.
I'll check with them for sure. Thanks for the heads up. They are very well known in my area, I'm sure they did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts