Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used svt rear wing for my ZX3. Has anyone installed one of these? I would like some information on the install. I know it will need some double side adhesive tape. It has two bolts/nuts and two other smooth studs. Is the location for the holes marked under the rear interior hatch panel? Can I remove the studs / bolts and just mount with the Double sided tape?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked under the hatch. The interior cover does not block the mounting area. But it looks like it's gonna be a PIA to mount this. Can anyone give me any hints?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any of you svt guys out there. Can you send me a pic of the underneath of your rear hatch. I want to see how and where the factory cutout are on the hatch gate for mounting the wing.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I installed my S2 wing a month ago, its very easy if you have the right tools, what you need is a drill, sticky tape(doble side) and a couple of studs if it didn't come w/all the install hardware, i suggest you get a caliper to meassure the exact size of the studs and the drill heads that you'll need, w/all this all you need is to aim it the right way on your hatch door, the difference w/your wing and mine is that mine is mounted on the highest part of the hatch door, vertically and yours is mounted perpendicular to mine, but the install area is clean of obstacles.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, mine has the studs and bolts as well. Just getting on the right angle is what worries me. Your's sits on top with is a little easier to mount. So you cut holes underneath your hatch to screw on the nuts?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I just installed a svt spoiler on my zx3 it was a pain and i had to make some big holes so i could get the nut on the bolts, do you have a stencil? i bought my spoiler off a guy for $60 and I cut a stencil out of cardboard it worked well

·
Registered
677 Posts
Now I don't have any metal cutting tools just metal drill bits so I had to drill a bunch of holes to make a big one to get the nut on. So my holes don't looks so good i put black tape over it for now I'm dynamatting my whole trunk so i'm going to cover the hole with dynamat.

·
Registered
528 Posts
any pics?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i took mine to a body shop in the area, he only charged me $30 to put it on. i sat there while he did it. drilled some holes with a uni bit and then used a magnetic socket set to put the nuts on thru the interior trim

·
Registered
677 Posts
I was going to have someone install mine but wanted to try myself i was fun and a good learning experience.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it look like a pain. I have drills, bits, dremils and stuff. I was thinking about doing the stencil thing. It looks like the best way to make the correct bolt holes.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
focuson03 said:
i took mine to a body shop in the area, he only charged me $30 to put it on. i sat there while he did it. drilled some holes with a uni bit and then used a magnetic socket set to put the nuts on thru the interior trim
yea when i get a spoiler, im bringing some place to get it done, less hassle, anndd drillin holes into outside of my car, just doesnt feel right or fun to me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts