Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 does look a bit silly. Can i just drop the rear a little with the SVT springs and leave it like that or will it throw off the whole car running just a stiffer rear spring?

I just want the back a little more level with the front. Not all jacked up like it is lol

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can you tell the SVT springs? Are there colored markings on them to indicate they are actually SVT springs? like purple and yellow dots?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Not sure on that. Mine have yellow and red paint dots on them and I think one more dot, but I also still have the part number tags on them lol. And that's after having them on my car since I bought it a long time ago. Measure the height of them. They should be about an inch shorter than the stock springs. I can measure mine and then we can compare?

·
Registered
177 Posts
The rear of the foci stayed the same for all years, however I don't know if it finally changed with the 2012 model.

As for being able to tell the difference between svt springs and regular zetec/duratec springs, you'll have to measure the uncompressed hieght of the springs side by side. Obviously the shorter srping will be the SVT.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rear of the foci stayed the same for all years, however I don't know if it finally changed with the 2012 model.

As for being able to tell the difference between svt springs and regular zetec/duratec springs, you'll have to measure the uncompressed hieght of the springs side by side. Obviously the shorter srping will be the SVT.
Well i havnt looked at em i found some one selling a set and i wasnt sure what the difference was.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can i even do this without changing everything? The SVT spring is more firm so it would mess up the stock shocks right or is it not enough to really do much?

Like i said all im wanting is the small .5-1" drop in the rear only. The car handles fine like it is.

I dont really drive it agressive so i dont really need the whoe suspension redone.

I would prefer to keep the springs the same but i cant and have the small drop as well.

Maybe i can buy a new set and have them sent off and lowered? That way i keep the same stiffness but just a slightly shorter spring?

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
you probably won't be able to see this unless your a member on focaljet, but if you are here's a set of springs you could buy. guy lives around me, keeps his car very will maintained. the only thing that i know for sure (because i asked the same question) is that the springs for the front are different from 00-05 and 06-11. so buying those would be pointless unless you buy the struts and the omni kit. so it's really on you. I haven't lowered my car yet, but i've heard that if you want the cheap way to go without being worried about it damaging your struts and shocks, go with the frpp kit. tousley ford sells them for the best price. hopefully this helps

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you probably won't be able to see this unless your a member on focaljet, but if you are here's a set of springs you could buy. guy lives around me, keeps his car very will maintained. the only thing that i know for sure (because i asked the same question) is that the springs for the front are different from 00-05 and 06-11. so buying those would be pointless unless you buy the struts and the omni kit. so it's really on you. I haven't lowered my car yet, but i've heard that if you want the cheap way to go without being worried about it damaging your struts and shocks, go with the frpp kit. tousley ford sells them for the best price. hopefully this helps
The full SVT kit that comes with all the springs and shocks and struts front and rear?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts