Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SVT Rear Rotor HELP! NM Installed!

installing my new rear rotors and i can't get the caliper off the stock rotor. how do you compress the piston so i can slide the caliper off the rotor. i heard that they turn in but how do i do that. i only got light for about another 45 minutes so i would like to get this done tonight and be done with it. Thanks.

·
Registered
738 Posts
you have to have the caliper off the rotor and the pads off to screw the piston back in... if you cant get it off the rotor, you probably missed a bolt or you need to pull a little harder... lol

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yeah nevermind it got too dark out too quick but i got it. too late out to be pounding the old rotors off. damn rust! stuck on there pretty good too. i'll just get it tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah I had the same problem over the weekend, the rears are hard since theres that shield that blocks the inner side of the rotor. I just spun the rotor while hammering on the rotor till it finally broke loose. Well this is ok if you plan on throwing away the used rotor :)

Vito

·
FoFo Quebec!
1,486 Posts
Just make sure to put some anti-seize before puting everything back on, it'll be easier next time. [thumb]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got them all done. i'll post some pictures when i get them later

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol sorry. they are great and i thought i did pm you. sorry. my dsl/internet has been real srewy the last couple day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.