Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got in a fender bender...or a bumper f[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]er. whatever. coming home, coincidentally had a buddy from rotc who also lives 2 floors up from me, right behind me. well i tried to cut thru a parking lot to avoid sitting at a light to make a right turn. do it all the time at this particular spot a block from the apt. well i wasn't paying attention, pulled in one lot too early, actually into the wendy's parking lot, the wrong way. well it's connected to the little parking lot which empties onto the road i wanted to turn on, but i realized i wasn't gonna make it thru this tiny little turn into the lot because...again...going the wrong way in the wendy's parking lot. so throw it in reverse. BAM. didn't bother looking. and coleman was behind me doing the exact thing i was. so yeah, i didn't look. but neither of us should've been there. which a lady coming throught he drive thru pointed out to us, that we probably don't want to call the cops because we were both in the wrong and though i backed into him...neither of us should've been there. sooo yeah.

my rear bumpers is screwed. small dent/fold in the bottom of the quarterpanel. the hatch is fine fortunately. went to my favorite body shop, lol, the one that did all my paint work for me before. she quoted me nearly $1300. that's with a $400 bumper, lol. but still, even picking up an svt bumper somewhere, it's not going to save me a whole lot. [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*!!!!

fortunately, all it did was jack up his front bumper on his oldesmobile, which he is planning to replace with a body kit anyways, lol. so i'm just paying for my damage out of pocket. and gotta get it fixed before i go home end of this month too. yay.

so there goes a grand. that i don't have. donations? lmao

·
bow chicka wow wow
4,051 Posts
umm.. well thats cool that ur getting a new bump.. but kinda shitty in the same.. either way it will look like hotness!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, that's what i say..."well i wanted an svt bumper...but not for this reason...and not with my finances the way they are right now..." but at least on the bright side, i should see my $900 from rotc for book money sometime this month or next...but unfortunately, instead of paying off a large portion of my credit card...that's just going to be covering most of this expense. but i've got an application for a job here at the apt, the guy i hit actually works here, along with us being in rotc together, thank god it was someone i know, but anyways, rent is free if you work so many hours, hopefully i can get a job here, lol.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
that sucks but the part that stuck out to me was....

"body kit for the oldsmobile" wtf i hate white trash...no offense to your friend of course

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he's not white, duh. lol. yeah, it's an oldesmobile, don't know what it is, but it's the equivalent of the older chevy malibus. he's got plans for it. body kit and rims and whatever else.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Well, dang. If i hadn't sold my svt rear bumper to Luis, i would have painted it for ya and installed it for cheaper. Sucks that had to happen to ya but shit happens. Glad you're getting it fixed though.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, painted and installed for cheap, lol. i wish. oh well, i'm hoping mike gets back to me and tells me he can save me a little buy getting me an svt bumper and painting it, but i highly doubt it. there's some things even he can't save us much on. and there was one on ebay for $99+90 shipping, with a $150 buy it now, but someone else bid on it, and i got the bidding up to $140 before i said screw it. waiting to hear back from a guy here on the forums on one for $200+shipping.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
If you want me to, tomorrow i'll check and see how much i can get one for and get it painted for ya. I'll even meet ya and install it for ya.

Edit: Just noticed i am 1 post ahead of you, haha.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Jeremy is GREAT with the rear end [;)]

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Sucks, but atleast you only have to fix your car and not your friends car too....and you are getting an SVT bumper. See what Mike from Hillbish can get you one for.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Sweet about the new bumper.. I would get the SAP diff. for your car... Oh and slap your friend and tell him no body kit..

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jeremy, sent you a pm. eric, i'm waiting for a response from mike, though again, i highly doubt he can get it for a good price for me, guess it depends on what kind of price he can paint it for. and i've got red01focus on standy, probably about $260 shipped, give or take a bit, of course that's a red bumper so it'll need paint.

the body shop quoted just under $1300...that includes a $400 bumper, fixing the quarter panel, and paint for the bumper and blending the quarterpanel to the hatch.

lol, day trip to georgia for people to help put on a bumper? lmao. seriously...need to look at that quote again and see how much it'd save me to put on the bumper myself. worse comes to worse, they paint it and i get it installed...eh. i really wanna get roush skirts too right now. but DEFINITELY no money, lol.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet about the new bumper.. I would get the SAP diff. for your car... Oh and slap your friend and tell him no body kit..
agreed on all accounts. i figure the sap diffuser would look much better on my car for some reason, but just getting what i can get. i can replace that down the road somewhere.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
So steve, I don't know if it'll help you out any, but I just priced out an SVT rear bumper and diffuser...$301 for the bumper and $37 for the diffuser. Thats my employee cost on it. I don't know if it would be worth trying to save the money though as it would still have to be shipped to you.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for that eric. that's 340 not including paint i'm assuming? so top option is still red01focus. jeremy called earlier while i was in class, i need to call him back in a few.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Och!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
can't imagine that looking good with a body kit haha

sucks about that little piece of your quarter that got messed up...kinda keeps you from doing it yourself...

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
can't imagine that looking good with a body kit haha

sucks about that little piece of your quarter that got messed up...kinda keeps you from doing it yourself...
agreed on both accounts. that small bit on the quarterpanel is pretty much half the price of repairs. and as jeremy pointed out on the phone, were the car not lowered nearly 2 inches, chances are the quarterpanel may have been fine. lol. oh well.

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Steve, with as slow as we are right now and with as minor damage you have, i'm sure we could have it done in 2-3 days. I know we could get the body work done in a day and possibly painted. If you wanna try bringing it to us, let me know so i can get parts ordered. Of course, if we do it, it may cost just as much or a lil less then your other body shop.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts