Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to make this swap. Could try to find a SAP rear but I'm thinking of being different.

As far as I know, the bumper should bolt right up....if I'm wrong, let me know. I'd like to see some pics if someone has them of the SVT Rear Bumper on a Sedan only.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I dont think you can. The way the trunk lid closes, and how the tail lights sit are completely different than a hatch.

Reactions: Jgrove998

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
^^ this. It's not a direct swap between a hatch and a sedan regardless of model years. I think the bumpers have different lengths as well as all that was listed above. I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just not a bolt on conversion as far as I'm aware.

Reactions: Jgrove998

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the info guys. Might just have to search out a SAP rear bumper then. *shrug*

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
SAP rear bumper can use a SVT diffuser, I'm more than sure you can find a SVT owner willing to swap for it too.

Moved for ya.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
^^svts only come in hatches. Hatch parts can be swapped with other hatches (rears). Sedans with sedan etc. He has to get sap which already comes with a diffuser with fins

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I believe the OP is saying he wants the SVT diffuser instead of an SAP diffuser, so if he
buys an SAP rear bumper, he could install the SVT diffuser on the SAP rear sedan bumper.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
no he was talking about th svt rear bumber, as far as i know it cant be done and i have not heard of anyone trying.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Sound's like hit up Steve @ Toulsey Ford time! Or ask your local Ford dealer on price's= to save on shipping, yeah I know the taxes are in the equation too. I added a SAP rear bumper on my car earlier in the year= 1st cosmetic or astedic's upgrade!

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I remember the "diffusers" can be swapped. I was wondering about the whole bumper though. I never really took notice the difference in the hatch and sedan bumpers before. But I do appreciate the advice.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
No they don't interchange=hatch/sedan. I do remember seeing a guy carving & bending a SVT bumper on to a wagon a few year's back, thou. It is more than the lenght down the side, hatch's have a shorter leght there, They are also flatter at the end's of the trunk/hatch opening too! If you want 1 & are going to keep the car for awhile, I'd just order 1. I know it's some cashola, but then you don't have car payment's either. How you like to be making stroke's on a '12 Focus? Nope I didn't think so! Enjoy!~!~!

·
Registered
23 Posts
you drive an ST, correct? The ST already has a different rear bumper than any other Focus in the 05-07 model years (the black insert at the bottom). So what's the point?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
SAP= steet apearence package!

you drive an ST, correct? The ST already has a different rear bumper than any other Focus in the 05-07 model years (the black insert at the bottom). So what's the point?
If you have a '05 ST, yeah you do get a stock Focus bumper, moddit from the factory= painted insert & the side flare's or mud guard's that bolt up on the lower side's. On the '06='07 model's, you had a optional pkg call SAP 1 and 2= completey different style of bumper cover's f&r. The rear one come's w/ a diffusuer, & the front one has a air dam style to it. It was an option on SE's/ SES's & ST's. The 1 & 2 meant if you got the rally style trunk spoiler on your sedan or if you got the SES or ST= lower style of trunk spoiler. The op was asking 'bout the rear SAP bumper cover for his '05 ST, which= about $800. or so.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do not have the Street Appearance Package on my ST. I have the stock rear bumper with the center painted black from factory with some flares added behind the wheels to even the body lines up (also factory).

The conclusion is that the Hatch SVT bumper won't fit my Sedan with out serious modification. It would probably be easier to just buy the Street Appearance Package rear bumper from a '05-'07 sedan.

Thanks for all the help fellas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts