Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 2000 zx3 and I was thinking I would convert the rear drums to SVT discs. Rather than buy the SVT brake swap upgrade I was thinking I could get SVT brake parts lists and buy them by the piece. My reasoning is, I am an auto tech student and I get over 50% off on auto parts. I think I could save a boat load. I just want to find out if anyone has built the disc brakes this way and if they did did they run into any problems or is there something that I may need to know about building the set this way?

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
As long as you're sure to get every part you need for the swap, that should be fine. It would basically be the same as performing the swap with the kit, and then switching out the kit parts for other ones.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as you're sure to get every part you need for the swap, that should be fine. It would basically be the same as performing the swap with the kit, and then switching out the kit parts for other ones.
Cool I have a parts list for the svt rear brakes, I will look up all the pricing today to see if I can get the whole thing for under the price of buying the conversion kit.

Thanks for the input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts