Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT Rally Project

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  artistallie16 
#1 ·
Hey y'all! Super excited to be here and say that I managed to find a well running (i'm told) 03 SVT that i'm getting for $500! Can't beat that.
I've been building cars since I was 16, but they've always been my DD as well so could never go too crazy. I had a previous rally build that I was doing with an Abarth 500. Had done a ton of work to it over the off season (got it up to 250hp + suspension work) and was really looking forward to the season to start when life happened and had to get a bigger vehicle for the kid to fit in the back. SO ended up selling it before even getting to race it a single time. Before that had a few track cars, a 3000GT VR4 and a G35.
Then came a mechanic buddy of mine who mentioned that he had an SVT sitting around that he hadn't done anything with in a few years. Asked him to check out the current condition and get back to me. He says the interior is trashed due to a leak in the sunroof but after putting a new battery in it runs great. Guess we'll find out exactly what shape it's in once I pick it up next week and can do a full inspection on it.

Super excited to have another project that's also not a DD. Gonna use this as a build thread so stay tuned if you are so inclined.

Will post initial pics next week after I tow it home.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.