Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering if i bought a svt predator chip and had it tuned will that void any part or all of my warrent and extended ?

·
Registered
210 Posts
As per the Magnis Moss Warrentey Act, the presence of a aftermarcket part can not void the warrenty. The law states that the manufactuer has to prove the the after markect part in question is the cause for the failure. But the delership will say your warrenty is void, and so will Ford. Take them to court, you will win, and they'll fix your car, unless the after market part is at fault. Auto Manufactures save MILLIONS of dollars deniying warrenty claims due to after markect parts to the thousands that don;t know any better, then they do by paying a settle ment and fixing the FEW that take'em to court. JFYI

BTW, yea, I'm aware I can;'t spell or type worth shit. Who cares.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
...FYI, not a chip, a handheld flasher... ;-)

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Handheld Flasher = Better than a chip IMO.

·
Registered
210 Posts
+1 on that. Get a tunner. Predator or SCT or simular.

·
Registered
607 Posts
you can use the tune out of the flasher however, it won't be catered to your vehicle is unique as is the enviroment its run in..

In order to properly take "Full advantage of your flasher" you'll need to go on a dyno and have it done

·
Registered
259 Posts
Approximately how much for a dyno on the car ?

·
Registered
607 Posts
all depends on who owns the rollers, what is done to the car, how much tuning is required and so on... For me it doesn't cost much b/c of folks I know and deals I can get.. don't even know what full price would be... 100usd perhaps and up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts