Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen alot of threads about how the SVT performs so here yall go this information is all from Road and Track Magazine a very reliable source

SVT Focus

List price $17,995
Price as Test $17,995
Engine Type Inline 4
Horsepower 170
0-60mph 7.4
0-100mph 20.2
1/4 mile [email protected]
Top Speed 134 (they usually never hit the real top speed thats more like 147mph)
Braking from 60mph 134ft
Braking from 80 mph 229 ft
Skidpad 0.85g's
slalom 65.2 mph
Average Fuel Milage 23.1

·
Registered
292 Posts
I recieved a ton of flak for my "vtec" comment on the other thread.

I was told by a service manager at my dlrship that the "vct" or "VTC" changed to a more aggressive profile at about the same RPM that the manifold switched to the short runners.

I have searched the internet, and can't really find a good explanation of how Ford's system does, in fact, work.

I don't know if what I was told is true or not???

Any help?

·
Registered
764 Posts
HONDAHATER Call SVT and ask.
I wonder if the people that test drive these cars have any real driving skill.
According to motor trend the #'s are slightly different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sorry, to add to that there is no "other" cam profile, it is all in the advancement, the ECM takes a boat load of inputs into consideration, including but not linited to engine speed and load, throttle demand/ tps accel, maf, ect, the biggest factor is how the ECM is programmed to respond to these inputs.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks focusguy7,

I was reading about it in the "Powered by SVT" book, that SVT so nicely sent me for Xmas, and that's how it sounded to me.

Sounds like a better system than vtec for "real world" driving.

I'd still like to know more about it. Maybe I will call SVT.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I haven't really heard much talk about this book. It is very well written and informative. And the price was certainly right....FREE!!!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Did only '03 SVT owners get one of these books? Cuz I sure didn't get one, and it seems like the only people who did were owners of '03s. [:(!]

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
As long as I'm concerned those numbers are from the 2002 Test. Which they did with a car that had no TC. Are you sure about the top speed though. Can it really hit 147 mph? And if that is the case, why don't they test the top speed all the way?

Quoted From Seb656

List price $17,995
Price as Test $17,995
Engine Type Inline 4
Horsepower 170
0-60mph 7.4
0-100mph 20.2
1/4 mile [email protected]
Top Speed 134 (they usually never hit the real top speed thats more like 147mph)
Braking from 60mph 134ft
Braking from 80 mph 229 ft
Skidpad 0.85g's
slalom 65.2 mph
Average Fuel Milage 23.1

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah yall came in here talking about something totally errelivant to the thread but anyway

There are reported top speeds of around 145-150 in this forum there was an old topic on it just use the search button and put in top speed you can find the thread

·
Registered
13 Posts
I own an '04 with less than 1k right now. But before I bought it I took my friends stock '02 to the track. I'm not a professional driver, but I am good. Taken 2 racing school courses, and participated in a few races with my old Integra. Anyway the best I could do consistently was:

0-60 in 8.4
1/4 Mile in 16.7
braking 0-60 dry 126 ft.

Those should be more realistic times. R&T is using drivers better than 95% of us on this forum.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
HONDAHATER said:
This thread is not really about this book, maybe start a new one?
Maybe you should have started a new one. Look up...you brought the book comment up. Others have chimed in, so get a grip HONDAHATER. Sorry to take your thread off topic any more Seb, but....

Anyway, their 1/4 time seems a little high. I've seen stock times in the 15.4-15.6 range. But, that's nit-picking. Overall, good info[thumb]

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
FilterXG said:
I own an '04 with less than 1k right now. But before I bought it I took my friends stock '02 to the track. I'm not a professional driver, but I am good. Taken 2 racing school courses, and participated in a few races with my old Integra. Anyway the best I could do consistently was:

0-60 in 8.4
1/4 Mile in 16.7
braking 0-60 dry 126 ft.

Those should be more realistic times. R&T is using drivers better than 95% of us on this forum.

I would say its more around the other times because I can run a 16.0's with my fewboltonsand that was on the stock firestone rubber and I am sure I could get intto the high 15's now because I have alot better rubber but elevation makes alot of difference.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts