Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has found the best way to go from SVT pedals to an aftermarket pedal like MOMO's. Everything matches in my car except the pedals. I guess I've been putting it off because I just didn't know the best way of going about it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
well, the SVT clutch and brake pedals are just covers, take em off, throw momo on. The gas is tricky. The gas pedal is curved strangely, and is one solid plastic piece, not a cover. Usually people bend the aftermarket pedal slightly, then drill a hole into the plastic of the stock gas pedal to hold it in place. Might be a little harder to drill through the metal on the svt pedals, especially with the raised rubber on it.

If you want this bad enough, I just happen to be very interested in picking up a set of SVT pedals for my non-SVT focus, and would gladly swap my gas pedal assembly (and clutch and brake pads, of course) for yours, with a nominal fee paid to you. It would even give you a small headstart on the cost of MOMO pedals.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I put SVT pedals on my car because they're OEM fitment, look good, and are good quality. The rubber nubs on the pedals go through to the rubber backing on the back side, not just stuck on or screwed on.

If you were to get pedals, I'd suggest replacing them with something of a higher nature. Sparco, Momo, etc... No APC, Ractive, etc...

[thumb]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i don't want to trash my svt pedals. and i want to be able to return the car to stock when i'm ready for trade-in or private sale or whatever. i may just keep the stock pedals and abort the momo airmetals.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I use momo carbon fiber ones on my clutch and brake pedal. Slightly larger pedal and they grip better.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well, you ever change your mind, I'm really tryin to buy some pedals off someone. Good luck!

Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts