Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the SVT have a seperate manual? Just got this car and it has the same one that our regular focus has which doesn't mention SVT in it. Just wondering as I want to change the oil and don't know what filter to get. Assuming it takes the 5w20. Also want to change the fuel filter. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
there's a supplementary owners manual for the svt. the engine take 5w30 (4.5 qts), and a motorcraft 400S oil filter. fuel filter is the same as the regular focus

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The svt engine doesnt use the FL400S filter, it uses the FL2005 and uses a FG-986-B fuel filter. The FL-400-S is for the standard zetec engine.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Where in NC are you located?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Ok, just wondered how close you are to us, were just outside Charlotte.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
my mistake...I keep getting them mixed up since they're physically interchangeable. the 2005 has the anti-drainback valve built into it right?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Thats the difference if i remember correctly

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
damn near all filters have the anti-drain bak valve nowadays. i believe the FL400s is a bit shorter than our FL2005's. i would run a mustang's filter if i knew the anti-drain-back valve operated at the same psi. more filter, the better.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The SVT manual says to use the FL400S, but the FL2005 also fits and is apparently recommended by Pep Boys' filter book. Of course they didn't HAVE any, so I just used an FL400S.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Maybe the very early ones said that, the newest one say Fl2005. I do believe they interchange, but Ford changed the svt's filter to the FL2005 for a reason.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I pick up the parts I will just take whichever their computer says is right. This will be at the ford dealer.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Check your PM Rick, and by the way, i work for Ford if you ever need any help. Hey Doug, how ay doin?

·
Registered
86 Posts
b16sir1991 said:
Maybe the very early ones said that, the newest one say Fl2005. I do believe they interchange, but Ford changed the svt's filter to the FL2005 for a reason.
It's entirely possible. I know mine says FL400S since I looked just before walking into the store. I would have gotten the FL2005 if they had any. I doubt it'll make that big a difference.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^Thanks!
Was trying to find an old link where I downloaded the supplement from, but it appears I lost it...
till you showed up on the scene. [;)]
Not sure why, but the only one available is for 2003 models. [dunno]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts