Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going up to Deals Gap North Carolina on Sept 29th(a friday) and coming back on Oct 2nd(monday). I am going to visit one of my good freinds and fellow SVTF owner to go run Deals Gap AKA "the dragon" or US129 on a MAP.

For those of you who dont know this road is almost as legendary as Route66 and Is highly prized for its amazing driving experience(and sceanery). Some quick info on it is: Its 1000-2100+ feet above sea level, iot borders the smokey mountian national park and runs accross the North Carolina/Tennese Border. It is an amazing road, I have personaly been to 2 times as a Foci Owner and can't get enough of it.

I am greatly looking foward to going. I wanted to invite every one with aS VT if they can to come up to Deals Gap and run it with us.

Obviosly us Outa state peeps will be staying in a hotel near by and if you want to do the same PM me or post here as I am in the process of choosing a hotel for us to stay at.

We will be staying @ http://www.microtelrobbinsville.com/rates.html
Its 59.99 a night and sleeps 2 as they have 2 queen beds. To save $$ if oyu know some one split the room rate! :)

Info on the dragon can be found here http://www.tailofthedragon.com/index.html

Post up with any interest!

Full info can be found here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96971

List of People Going so far and what they drive.

1SVTFOCUS-Nick(Me)-2004 SVT ZX5 EAP(Silver)
SONIC1BLUE-Aaron-2004 SVT ZX5 EAP(orange)
03SVTMRC-Rich-2003 SVT ZX5(red)
RYANDUNN-Ryan-2003 SVT ZX3(black)
MUSTANGANDGSXR-Jose-2004 SVT ZX3 (black)
B16SIR1991-Mike-2004 SVT ZX3(blue)
DWAIN-Dwain-2004 SVT ZX3 EAP(yellow)
PSPRINGE-Phil-2003 SVT ZX3(blue)------------------Unconfirmed

-Nick

·
Registered
378 Posts
Damn I wish I still lived down there. Sweet drive did it in my Miata years ago and on my Buell (scared the shit out of me)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like fun!! I might be able to join you for a trip to US 129 that weekend, always wanted to run that strip of road but never have. I will let you know something soon, thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Man, my dad always tells me how sweet it is, but im not gonna be able to go down there until next summer. Have fun.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
'sleigh'

lol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey where will we stay at. can you post up the hotel info of where we are stayimg. and the schedule for those two or 3 days. thanks. trying to get an idea so i can figure out for sure what im going to do thanks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/accomodations_robbinsville.html

Im still stuck on where to go. I dunno if its better to have a whole buncha rooms and pay idivdually or get one big cabin or something? Hit me up with ideas prices range from about 60-110 bux a night.

Im thinking we wont be there much so maybe go cheap, but then again what do i Know LOL

Plan is to be up to NC and check in on friday night. Run the dragon from about 8 (whenever we wake up) to we get tired of it. Then do some touring of the area(lots sights) grab food whenever ect. Sunday do the cherohola skyway as well as the dragon again and also do a dinner with every one ect. I havent formed a tenative events list yet but so far 4 people are def going and if you GSXR and Dwain that makes 6 and I have maybe's from 2 good friend with foci locally here which would be 8, which I think would be awesome fun.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Your in for a great time. There is a lot of great roads around there and some nice damns.

I will probably be around then.

·
Registered
96 Posts
ill probably go to a hotel near by cause i will be with the wife. but sounds good. let us know what time you plan on leaving florida that friday so we can work something out and meet up.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Pintozx3 said:
Damn I wish I still lived down there. Sweet drive did it in my Miata years ago and on my Buell (scared the shit out of me)
I did it in my Miata also...2000 I think...

Man, Id love to go, that road is a BLAST! I actually still have the video of me doing as close to 55 mph (speed limit) as possible. All you hear is my engine screaming and turns zipping.

...DG is awesome. If you have the chance, go!

·
Registered
96 Posts
i think we should stay at a hotel. i was looking at the http://www.microtelrobbinsville.com/?FacId=2002 it will be 260 for all of the nights we need to stay(my wife called them lol). its closed to everything i guess i havent researched it yet but she said its close. one thing we need to do i call and reserve the rooms, apparently there is going to be alot of people up there riding the dragon too. so if you guys decide on what to do let me know im just throwing stuff in the air. thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking there or one of the other places. I tryed to book through expedia and it said they had no rooms. I will be making a decision tonight one where i wanna stay and every one doesnt have achoice sence 3 or 4 of us are gunna split a room

·
Registered
96 Posts
sounds good. i called and they have rooms but we have to book them now. the lady said if we book them ahead of time it will be cheaper.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool book 2 for now and see if we can like reserve a 3rd one or ill give em a buzz tomm

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Well, i just found this..ill be there!. Just work out the details and we will see you at a designated place for a good run. BE READY!, lol. Please get up with me and ill do what i can for you guys since i live here in NC not too far away from the DT.

·
Registered
30 Posts
b16sir1991, let me know when you will be traveling to us129. I might try to tag along if thats ok.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
b16sir1991 said:
Well, i just found this..ill be there!. Just work out the details and we will see you at a designated place for a good run. BE READY!, lol. Please get up with me and ill do what i can for you guys since i live here in NC not too far away from the DT.
That I awesome. Id really like to have as many SVTf's show as possible and I really wanna see ur car in person. Or in better pix than just the small one in ur sig LOL

·
Registered
430 Posts
The Desert Focus Group is in negotiations with the AZ. National Guard to obtain the use of a C5A cargo plane to fly us all up there for the run. Since we can only get the weekend off work, we'd rent the plane for the weekend and fly back Sunday night.
In response to your request, we in AZ. cordially invite any SVT/Focus to join us here, down and around route 191 aka: old route 666, (dragon's backbone) and the ensuing straightaway for our annual NFS run in October. It will be a 2 day affair with camping under the stars after the 1st day and finishing the long and winding road the next. Come one , come all! Follow the Arizona linemen up and over this wonderful winding strip of blacktop through some ponderosa pines and clean blowing mountain air to the Morenci copper mines! We may have to charge admission fees![:0] Have a great time back east if we miss your run[thumb]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
That would be SOOOO COOL!!^^

1 - 20 of 47 Posts