Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,688 Posts
Thats correct , My XCAL4 will work , Again I wont say why , I work hard to keep up with whats going on and what changes are made so my customers dont go through what your going through right now , why should I help out fs because they dont want to do there job and stay up to date on things ?

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thats correct , My XCAL4 will work , Again I wont say why , I work hard to keep up with whats going on and what changes are made so my customers dont go through what your going through right now , why should I help out fs because they dont want to do there job and stay up to date on things ?

Tom
But you wouldn't be helping them out, you'd be helping out a potential customer and enthusiast learn more about the tuning world. But I guess not.. All I want is to understand why one x4 will perform basic tasks and another does not. To me, it just sounds like a defective device. I have seen tons of recommendations for FSWerks' tune on the SVT FB community and I have been a long time customer of theirs so I know they are not a bad company trying to rip me off. I have not seen any recommendations for you, however... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
FF Affiliate
30,688 Posts
Wow , I never said fs was trying to rip anyone off or did I say fs was a bad company , what I said was its painfully obvious they dont stay on top of the game in the mannor that I do when it comes to SCT and tuning the SVT , I would bet I do 20-1 SVT Tunes to fs so I do all I can to keep my customers from being in the boat your in , why is fs not helping you this has been going on for a few days now , no way I would of let you flounder on this long with out answers

If you spend 10-15 min looking around you will find hundreds of reviews about my SVT Custom Tunes and customer service , post in the SVT section and ask , look in the Focus-Power section on here , I have hands down the best SVT Tune and mine is a Custom Tune , if you had got that XCAL from me you would be tuned by now I GUARANTEE IT

Your device is not defective !

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow , I never said fs was trying to rip anyone off or did I say fs was a bad company , what I said was its painfully obvious they dont stay on top of the game in the mannor that I do when it comes to SCT and tuning the SVT , I would bet I do 20-1 SVT Tunes to fs so I do all I can to keep my customers from being in the boat your in , why is fs not helping you this has been going on for a few days now , no way I would of let you flounder on this long with out answers

If you spend 10-15 min looking around you will find hundreds of reviews about my SVT Custom Tunes and customer service , post in the SVT section and ask , look in the Focus-Power section on here , I have hands down the best SVT Tune and mine is a Custom Tune , if you had got that XCAL from me you would be tuned by now I GUARANTEE IT

Tom
Actually, FS has been amazing and I already have another X4 on the way to me.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
FS isn't a bad outfit, as Tom commented, it's just that their current Tuner is working off tunes made by someone long gone from the Company (Randy).

IDK his CURRENT capabilities, or even if he's still there for sure - but that was the news last I checked.

One reason they do NOT offer the same tuning capabilities they once did.

·
FF Affiliate
30,688 Posts
Actually, FS has been amazing and I already have another X4 on the way to me.
See , there you go , post the Serial # and I will tell you if it will work or not before you even try

Tom

·
Registered
154 Posts
Did they get your Tune going ?

Tom
I have the XCal scanner in your avatar pic with the low-tech digital display plus the box feels kinda of "light";
But I have one of FSWerks tunes from years ago, thinking 2009 or 2011, running my SVTF.

I could order one of your custom tunes tailored to my SVTF and I should be able to upload the original factory tune since the scanner has been "tucked-way" all these years, right?

·
FF Affiliate
30,688 Posts
You can load the stock tune back any time you choose to , amount of time doesnt come into play

I do Custom Tuning where you email me datalogs and I make the Custom Tune for your SVT Focus , your mods , your driving style vs the fs canned generic tune

Tom

Tom

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
heh im stuck with an XCAL 2 i believe.... ( goes and looks) ahhhyep its a XCAL 2 but i never bought it it came with my 02 SVT xD

i'd keep the tune or would like someone to look at it but im not paying squat, Id rather go pickup the factory OEM tune/Firmware. and the Xcal 2 will end up with every other tuner i have in a bin under my work bench for spare parts.

I cant say anything about the XCAL4 as i think the bin of junk tuners i have has a few sct 3's and a pile of off brand, cheap and even overseas tuners.
again, im not paying for a tune if the cars staying close to bone stock i think the only thing the car has is a shaved throttle body and a short ram in the box sitting in the trunk that i may put on..

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
heh im stuck with an XCAL 2 i believe.... ( goes and looks) ahhhyep its a XCAL 2 but i never bought it it came with my 02 SVT xD

i'd keep the tune or would like someone to look at it but im not paying squat, Id rather go pickup the factory OEM tune/Firmware. and the Xcal 2 will end up with every other tuner i have in a bin under my work bench for spare parts.

I cant say anything about the XCAL4 as i think the bin of junk tuners i have has a few sct 3's and a pile of off brand, cheap and even overseas tuners.
again, im not paying for a tune if the cars staying close to bone stock i think the only thing the car has is a shaved throttle body and a short ram in the box sitting in the trunk that i may put on..
Hows it run on the oem stock tune vs what the xcal2 does?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
just a recap, the SVT is a 2002 Focus SVT, the previous owner wanted to mod it and it was like a project car a series of circumstances happened and the car was left on the driveway and sat untouched for close to 4 years.. they messaged me asking if i was interested in it... i was probably its only saviour i dont know.. anyways i agreed and purchased the car and had it brought the 4 hours to my house and i managed to get it running and was hoping to drive it off the dolly... yeah got it running... sat in the car pushed the clutch and it when thwamp to the floor yeahhhhhh no clutch.. moments later the serpentine belt explodes... go and look the pully on the alternators redhot LOL well ok that answers that..

im not taking this car for its certification until the big 3 are fixed
Replace the mounts, replace the Timing belt and fix the brakes/clutch system

havent a clue xD the seller forgot to send it with the car so ive been rebuilding the engine with the tune installed.. I'm having a problem obtaining this particular cars OEM Flash from Ford

as for the car itself its run in place not on the road when i got it it sat for 4 years in th same spot and from what i was told had major issues with the engine on idle and drive.

when i got it the person who towed it for me had to remove the rear pads to unlock the rear brakes as it refused to move and they resorted to dragging it they didnt want to damage the tire so off the pads went and well.. they lost them xD

uhh i have a vid of the engine running on the SCT tune running 4 year old horrible gas, and a totally dead alternator which is chattering away uhh (goes and looks)
WATCH YOUR EARS. Cheap Olympus digcam

·
FF Affiliate
30,688 Posts
I will be glad to send you a SCT 100% stock Tune file you can load with the X2 keeping in mind this is a SCT stock file not a Ford stock file

Tom

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
I will be glad to send you a SCT 100% stock Tune file you can load with the X2 keeping in mind this is a SCT stock file not a Ford stock file

Tom
may take you up on that offer in the near future as of right now i need to get alot on that engine redone before I step forward just because it runs and idles doesn't mean it will drive. i dont want to waste others time in this car if i open up the engine to do its belt replacement and see it doesn't have much life left in it.

this weekend im going to try to do its Serpentine tensioner, T/B, T/B Tensioner, gaskets etc etc.. when i got it the entire engine bay was covered in oil, i want to do see if its just the VC gasket thats seeping and covering it and not a blown engine or block. i also need to run the rotors over to my friends shop and use his lathe to resurface the rotors as they are pretty thick with crust from sitting

41 - 55 of 55 Posts