Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK!! im new to this site. but check this out. there is this guy that has a 03 svt. i dont know who he is but my friend does but all he talks about is how shity my 2000 zx3 is. well i get tired of it and i want to reace him but i dont want to get beat. on his svt hes got what ever they come with stock (i dont know what they have when they come stock) i know hes got a borla cat back, CAI, im not sure ewhat else he has. but on my zx3 i have JBA headers, borla cat-back, short shift, eibrach front and back sway bars. the only big different i can see is that i have a 5 speed and he has a 6 speed. can someone please give me infoon what they think the out come will be???? thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
the SVT is ur car moded to the MaX, but if hes a shity driver then ur good

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
It will be close. The SVT is really good in the curves but the six speed is not built for drag racing, 1st is way too long. It would definitely be a drivers race. going from a dig would probably be your best bet. And the mods he did add up to little gains, a catback nets 0 hp gains on this car. Go for it, on the track of course.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
you will get him off the line...jus make sure you can keep your lead!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be close. The SVT is really good in the curves but the six speed is not built for drag racing, 1st is way too long. It would definitely be a drivers race. going from a dig would probably be your best bet. And the mods he did add up to little gains, a catback nets 0 hp gains on this car. Go for it, on the track of course.
what do u mean goin from dig would be my best bet??

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
you will get your ass handed to you.......

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
^^basically. unless he is a really bad driver. whenever ive messed with one, i get them from the dig, but by the top of my 2nd gear, there they go right by me.

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
all you need to do is simply go for it.. theres no say of how good it will be without doing it.. although, the SVT is much quicker in the long run.. give it a try!! GOOD LUCK!!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
he will spank you in top end power...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
lol! duh! He’s going to win!

Or you can tell him to take 5 people along with him... then you can have the weight diff to your advantage or you can borrow some nitrous from a friend lol!

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
^^Yeah, that's it. Dump N2O into a car that isn't tuned for it and race a car that is everything Your engine wants to be. All You'll do is fry Your piston rings and look like a fool for biting off more than You can chew. Seriously, instead of racing Him, why not just use His hating as inspiration to keep building on Yours. It has the potential to be as fast as His, just not in its current state.

Forget all I just said. Race Him at a track, this way You will have numbers to look at later when You're nursing Your bruised ego, and know what to build up to, or maybe He's a lousy driver and You take Him...

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
just throw a 25shot of n2o and you should be able to atleast keep up with him for awhile.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
You really don't know what mods he has so, it's hard to say how bad your going to get beat. If you want to have a shot, before you race, dump everything. Take out everything you don't need. The back seat is fairly easy to remove and the spare tire and jack will help shed pounds too.

·
Registered
743 Posts
you going to lose bro. Race him anyway you never know what might happen. with the right parts and money you can beat him up and down the track.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^^basically. unless he is a really bad driver. whenever ive messed with one, i get them from the dig, but by the top of my 2nd gear, there they go right by me.
Hey we put almost the same HP/TQ to the wheels! cool I put 119hp and 125tq but that was on a mustang dyno those read lower than a dynojet dyno. I've raced my friend in his SVTF and I was a whole car length ahead of him till 75mph then he flew by me. Now when I raced Raymond in his we were neck and neck till I shifted then he started pulling on me pretty good (though I did have almost 300lbs. more in the car than the last SVTF I raced that 3 tenths of a sec in the 1/4mi).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts