Votes: 95 36.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bigjordan said:
i chose the svt because i like hatchbacks and i dont care for the current frontend styling of the focus.
I agree with you about the front end...it almost looks like a step back from the MK I. However, I would take the 2.3 Duratec and tune it myself over the already-tuned Zetec in the SVT.

·
Registered
696 Posts
That's why you get the ZX4 ST SAP I BABY! Yeah, ger-are (bad austin powers improv). I don't much care for the stock styling, so I made sure to get the SAP package on the ST! Either way, both are nice vehicles.

[thumb]

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
tdkaye1 said:
That's why you get the ZX4 ST SAP I BABY! Yeah, ger-are (bad austin powers improv). I don't much care for the stock styling, so I made sure to get the SAP package on the ST! Either way, both are nice vehicles.

[thumb]
the st with the SAP does look better than stock, but i still prefer the original styling.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I know it's not a choice above but Mazda Speed 3!!! Ford needs to bring the european version of the focus here to make me happy

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
You really cant go wrong either way, but I am biased and my vote goes to the SVT:

SVT has a nice suspension, later models have euro package w/leather recaro's, HID's are also an option you may find. Overall, its nicer with all the trim and such...plus I learned to love the tall gears. Oh yeah, it's not in production anymore so you know there are only so many out there.

ST should be a good option as more aftermarket parts come out for it.

...and they dont need to make anything else for the SVT, we have quite a bit so I wouldnt call it "dead"

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would vote wait for the NEW ST, but for now the SVT is one sweet ride. It looks better than the ST, as long as you put in a euro grille. More sweet options , plus it's the only upgraded hatch you can get without overpaying for a roush or saleen.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Get yourself a used 2.3 hatch! Best of all worlds....'cept the brakes and suspension....and sweet interior. Actually I'm gonna say SVT over ST because i've driven them both and the SVT has more 'personality'. Plus I like that high winding zetec!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Holy crap, its been a good while since I saw a good ol' fashioned ST vs. SVT thread! I havent driven an ST, so I can't say whether its better for the money or not than my car. I'd hazard a guess I wouldnt like it as well for aesthetic reasons if nothing else, 05+ styling turns me right off.

So buy an Elantra, I hear those are real sleepers, they're almost as fast as Civics.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SVT Robzor said:
Holy crap, its been a good while since I saw a good ol' fashioned ST vs. SVT thread! I havent driven an ST, so I can't say whether its better for the money or not than my car. I'd hazard a guess I wouldnt like it as well for aesthetic reasons if nothing else, 05+ styling turns me right off.

So buy an Elantra, I hear those are real sleepers, they're almost as fast as Civics.
LOL

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,797 Posts
well, here is another SVT vs. ST thread that will soon be shut down. Personally, I like both cars, but since I own a ST, I would have to vote for the ST. The SVT's seem to have too many issues too early in their life time. Plus, I think some of the SVT owners seem to be too stuck up like their shit doesn't stink cuz they drive a ford with svt badging on it. I've personally encountered a few owners like this that I can remember off the top of my head.

·
Registered
696 Posts
lol, how can you like the ST w/o the SAP?! People look at mine all the time like "WTF IS THAT?!"
It takes people by suprise and then they see it's a non-SVT Focus and are like meh, it's JUST a Focus. No problem though, they're picking their chin up off the floor after they see me take off. Come on now, super smooth gears, real nice acceleration, and bad ass looks. ST is it. Only flaw to the ST is the weak brakes, which will be changed once I get bigger wheels and rotors.

[thumb]

1 - 20 of 382 Posts