Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two issues

I have an oil leak on the backside of my motor. I went to ford last year and they said it was the valve cover gasket. Well it wasn't the first time ford has mislead me because I changed it and still have this leak. Maybe I'll change it again since it's been a while since I've looked at it. Anyway you can see the oil collecting on the bold at the bottom of the V shaped plastic to the left of the oil filter. Anyone think it would be worth taking the intake manifold off to get a thorough look? Any idea what may be causing this?

My other issue is that when my car is cold and I accelerate or decelerate when the engine is under load, or maybe more specifically some part of the chassis or suspension, there is some sort of creaking noise. This only happens when at the start of when I hit the gas or the start of decelerating and only when the car is cold. I tought it might be some engine mount issue but I have no idea. Also I noticed there is a slight crack in my lower motor mount. do you think this warrants replacing it?

I appreciate anyone's time for looking. Thanks

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Check your oil sending unit for any cracks. Also, you might want to replace the dog Bone(transmission mount).

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
well if its not the VC then it might be your intake manifold leaking oil that has collected in it from the PCV and the VC vent ..
if you got the time and know how i would pull the intake off but before you do that check all the bolts for it and clamps

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Freemind, by the oil sending unit, do you mean the unit for the oil pressure gauge? I didn't think of checking that. Also I didn't state the crack correctly, it's the polyurethane that is cracking. I'm curious if CFM just sells the inserts.

Volcomestone1966, I did notice there is some oil on the tubes that connect the intake to the block, I didn't realize I could get oil building up inside but that would be an interesting issue.

·
Registered
17,445 Posts
Uh, if intake is leaking oil from inside that would be a vacuum leak.

Probably oil pressure unit. Not sure about SVT location of it, but the normal zetec one is exactly where you have picced and they can leak like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts