Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
31,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is VERY important that when do an engine rebuild or change that you replace the oil cooler if you had bearing damage or a failure where metal particles through out the engine or oil pan

Most people never think of the condition of the oil cooler but they are HUGH traps to trash when you have an engine failure and then that trash goes back through your new engine damaging your new engine

It is very very hard to get the oil cooler 100% cleaned out you may want to think of replacing it

Tom

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
Great advice, the same goes for when replacing a bad automatic transmission. It can be a good idea to replace the transmission cooler at he same time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great advice, the same goes for when replacing a bad automatic transmission. It can be a good idea to replace the transmission cooler at he same time.
Or flush it at the very least. The flush kits you get from your local parts store actually work quite well.

·
FF Affiliate
31,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or flush it at the very least. The flush kits you get from your local parts store actually work quite well.
I am talking about the oil side of the cooler not the water side

Tom

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am talking about the oil side of the cooler not the water side

Tom
I think he was referring to an auto trans failure Tom. And replacing the oil cooler is very sound advice and I'm sure it is overlooked often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts