Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Sorry, what I meant was....don't get one.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i have a stock cat if anyone wants it. pm me if interested.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
ORP cons: noise*, smell, and pollution (legality)

ORP pros: unrestricted flow, noise*

*some people like the sound, some don't... I personally find it too raspy at some RPM ranges. At other ranges, my car has a very sexy growl. I run the SVT header, ORP, SVT flex, 2.5" mandrel-bent stainless from there back with a 14" Magnaflow resonator and Borla muffler. I get compliments from friends when I'm growling around quietly, and when letting it scream, but complaints when cruising on the highway.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
^^ I agree with all those pros and cons

the only thing I hate are the raspy cold starts lol

I have SVT header, Orp, SVT flex, 2.5 exhaust with a turbo muffler no resonator..and it def does get raspy at high rpm but I get alot of people that love it and alot of people that hate it...

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
I'm looking into welding a hi-flow cat into my ORP.

http://performance-curve.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1180

I haven't bought that yet because I need to get under my car to measure the ORP... 11" is pretty long... but I think it'll fit. Should definitely tone down the rasp... not to mention the pollution and smell. Designed for engines up to 5.9L, so I'm guessing I won't have any flow problems :D

·
Registered
385 Posts
If i had the dimensions and maybe a template i could get it done cheap im sure. We have everything needed to weld. wire feed and stick.

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
I'm going to make one, maybe two, and possibly have a friend do most of the welding, since I'd make it ugly. :) I have access to a few different welders (my brother, my school's SAE Baja shop, etc).

·
Registered
385 Posts
ahhh ya thats what i was thinking about doing. I just dont have dimensions and template. Let me know if it works out for you and how it goes?

Do you already have the dimensions or a template or somthing?

·
omn-nom-nomnomnomnom
2,293 Posts
I have an ORP, so it should be simple:

Plan is to bolt the ORP to some peices of metal, clamp or weld the metal together to hold it in place, then cut out a section from the ORP, weld the cat in, and unbolt from the 'template'.

·
Registered
784 Posts
thats a pretty good idea, rather than spending the money on a new HFC.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts