Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is old news, but i got an article in google alerts letting me know that there was some talk about SVT and where it is now and where it is going. Interesting quick read, most of it i already knew but still good to hear they are still alive and kicking.

Click Me!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Its good to hear there not dead, but I didn't see anything about the focus

·
Registered
666 Posts
I wouldnt be suprised if Ford made a new SVTF using the Mazdaspeed3 engine (2.3 Turbo).

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i heard somewhere on this site about they might be bringing the st over here (2.5 turbo) hehe [:)~]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
We have been begging for an srt-4 beater since 2003. Ford has even tested turbo foci..I won't hold my breath, but maybe would be nice turbo with NO stupid AWD... Awd is for soccer moms ( no offense to soccer moms )

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
dannybohhy said:
Its good to hear there not dead, but I didn't see anything about the focus
you didn't read the article then..

"SVT also will lend its expertise to other Ford divisions down the road, “but our focus is on Ford right now,” says Thai-Tang. Was Thai-Tang’s use of the word “focus” a hint of future product? Nah."

it does mention it, just not the way we'd like to see.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here's hoping for a turbo 2.3 Focus. Hopefully they'll give it a couple years though, so I can get out of college and actually have money for one. [^]

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
good...
maybe they will finally offer a 2.3 turbo focus...

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
viney266 said:
but maybe would be nice turbo with NO stupid AWD... Awd is for soccer moms ( no offense to soccer moms )

[confused] or for World Rally.

Anyways, lets face it. Ford = American and all they are going to hook up are the Mustang and the f-150....they were even talking about an SVT Sport Trac...talk about stupid.

4 cylinders get no love

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Due to Ford NA's stupidity...we'll probably never see another SVT focus or anything much more powerful that what's in them right now. When Ford NA thinks performance...they think Mustang and F150 and that's all they care about. They view the Focus as an economy car and nothing else. Sad, but true.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Oh, and about the AWD...I'd like to see it as an option IF anything ever came of the focus. But I don't think anything special will ever come for it.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Anyone noticed that SVT finally updated their website? I just noticed that today. Onlything on there is the Shelby GT500

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
..:: sleestak ::.. said:
[confused] or for World Rally.

Anyways, lets face it. Ford = American and all they are going to hook up are the Mustang and the f-150....they were even talking about an SVT Sport Trac...talk about stupid.

4 cylinders get no love

Ford= American, but also Ford UK= Somesweetasscarswewillneverseestateside

1 - 19 of 19 Posts