Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Some would have you believe it's becasue Ford is full of idiots and hates anyone who ever thought about buying a Focus (*those who hate the stock tune*)

The truth is, it holds the revs high, to try to warm the cat, since it's so far from the engine, with the sweet header.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
with the stock tune, it will idle high for quite a long time, if you get an aftermarket tune, that time will drop significantly

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I did

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I am one of the "bad" ones Wayne chose not to ever talk to. After my motor blew on his tune, twice. I have since decided, my car runs great with the STS, drop in K & N and the poly rear mount. I am happy with the stock tune. It's reliable.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's all emmisions crap. It keeps the revs high, and addvances the timing stupid high to get the cat up to optimal temp.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
go with Tom's tune. i've never heard of an unhappy customer who dealt with him..

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've got tom's tune....friggin amazing....1st thing to buy...like right now...stop what you're doing...live of PB&J's for a month and buy one NOW!

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The tune i was thinking to buy was the one easy to install to get rid of TC from Tom.I don't think it reduce the idle at the start as far as i know.

I don't have any tune probably since it's only the fanatics who tuned.:)

·
Registered
744 Posts
I've got Wayne's tune and my car runs the way it should, much better than it did with the stock tune. The only issue is that ever since I got Wayne's tune, more dogs have been pooping in my yard. It's "The Curse of Wayne's Tune". Wayne's tune blew psprings motor, makes every dog in the neighborhood incontinent near my yard, and is singularly responsible for the whole "Angelina Jolie Brad Pitt" thing.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I hate how Mine Idles when Its Cold. I get off from work and Everyone is starring at me Like Im a moron because My engine is reving High.[?|]

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can i drive if the idle is still high? :)

I remember old car were doing that.Especially in winter.I don't remember what was the name of the part responsible for the high idle.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's basically what everyone has said already, for emissions reasons. The engine runs in open loop, on predetermined fuel tables, hence the high idle to basically get the engine up to optimal (for emissions reasons) operating temperature. Once that temperature is reached, closed loop starts, and information from O2 sensors, temp sensors, etc, are applied to fuel trims, and the idle is lowered.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
pspringe said:
Some would have you believe it's becasue Ford is full of idiots and hates anyone who ever thought about buying a Focus (*those who hate the stock tune*)

The truth is, it holds the revs high, to try to warm the cat, since it's so far from the engine, with the sweet header.

I really don't think it's THAT far from the actualy head to need to be warmed up...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Future STV rider said:
Yeah it's almost ridiculous.New car shouldn't do that.

Back in 03 my mom was serously considering a SVT and my step-dad decided that there must be a "alot of problems" with the car because when we started it up on the dealers lot the thing was sputtering and revving upto 2800RPM cold! Stupid stock tune!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts