Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT needs to go to the dealership

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  fritotec 
#1 ·
So a couple of weeks ago i had the stealership winterize my car. simple block heater and gluing on some heating pads. well when they did the block heater they had to take the intake manifold off to put it in. today i ran to the store for some cash and gas and on the way back my check enegine light comes on. I stop by a local parts store so they could read the code for me and it was p0171 which is SYSTEM TO LEAN. When they put the intake back on they had some leaks so they took it off resealed everything and put it back on.

so anyways being an svt owner i get a free rental car for the svt being in the shop right? if so where could i find that on paper so im not fighting with some service guy not knowing his job?

#4 ·
As a former dealer employee, let me fill you in on some things about loaner cars...

1- Loaner cars are a DEALERSHIP thing, not a Ford thing. You are never ENTITLED to a loaner car. It's up to the dealership. Some dealers don't even do loaner cars.

2- All the SVT deal does is have Ford pay the dealer for the use of their loaner car to you. It's still up to the dealer if you get one or not.

3- Not all years of SVT had the loaner car program.

4- Loaner cars are usually not given to people once past the basic Ford warranty time. The SVT deal is not for the life of the car, just the life of the basic warranty.

5- The only recourse you may have in asking for a loaner, is that the dealer is fixing their own screw up. If they agree to it, that's great. If they don't, you're out of luck.

Don't go in there with an attitude that you are entitled to a loaner car. It's a dealer courtesy, and nothing more.

#5 ·
In an SVT Focus, there is a standard Focus Manual, along with an SVT manual stating quite clearly that the owner is entitled to a free rental upon bringing their vehicle in for warranty work.

I brought mine in 4 times and had a free Enterprise Rental Escape FREE everytime.

#6 ·
Once again, it's up the dealer. A rental, is even different than a loaner.

The program only covers basic warranty. No SVTF could possibly still be under basic warranty as we close in on 2009. You're not entitled to a loaner for an ESP.

I'm not saying you won't get one, again, it's up the dealer. They may like you that day, or may extend the SVT courtesy, or just might give you one because they are slow and want your business. My point is, you can demand one all you want, they make the choice, not Ford.

#10 ·
the 5yr/100k was only available for late 03's and 04 models i believe.

Also...the free rental. That is entirely up to the dealer...but bad luck to most is that since svt "disbanded" the whole free rental thing is never guaranteed anymore.

Depending on your warranty...you might be entitled to a discount on a rental car but nothing else. (at least i know i was with my extended warranty.)

#13 ·
[driving] My 03 is under warrenty till 12-29-09,or 100k, when I bought it I paid for the premium care bumper to bumper warrenty, 50 bucks deductable, everything but normal wear parts is covered and I get a loaner for no charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.