Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple of weeks ago i had the stealership winterize my car. simple block heater and gluing on some heating pads. well when they did the block heater they had to take the intake manifold off to put it in. today i ran to the store for some cash and gas and on the way back my check enegine light comes on. I stop by a local parts store so they could read the code for me and it was p0171 which is SYSTEM TO LEAN. When they put the intake back on they had some leaks so they took it off resealed everything and put it back on.

so anyways being an svt owner i get a free rental car for the svt being in the shop right? if so where could i find that on paper so im not fighting with some service guy not knowing his job?

·
Registered
156 Posts
so anyways being an svt owner i get a free rental car for the svt being in the shop right? if so where could i find that on paper so im not fighting with some service guy not knowing his job?
Pretty sure it's in writing in the owners manual.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When they put your car into there computer system they will have all your vehicles warranty history and what goes along with being a SVT owner.

·
Registered
333 Posts
So a couple of weeks ago i had the stealership winterize my car. simple block heater and gluing on some heating pads. well when they did the block heater they had to take the intake manifold off to put it in. today i ran to the store for some cash and gas and on the way back my check enegine light comes on. I stop by a local parts store so they could read the code for me and it was p0171 which is SYSTEM TO LEAN. When they put the intake back on they had some leaks so they took it off resealed everything and put it back on.

As a former dealer employee, let me fill you in on some things about loaner cars...

1- Loaner cars are a DEALERSHIP thing, not a Ford thing. You are never ENTITLED to a loaner car. It's up to the dealership. Some dealers don't even do loaner cars.

2- All the SVT deal does is have Ford pay the dealer for the use of their loaner car to you. It's still up to the dealer if you get one or not.

3- Not all years of SVT had the loaner car program.

4- Loaner cars are usually not given to people once past the basic Ford warranty time. The SVT deal is not for the life of the car, just the life of the basic warranty.

5- The only recourse you may have in asking for a loaner, is that the dealer is fixing their own screw up. If they agree to it, that's great. If they don't, you're out of luck.

Don't go in there with an attitude that you are entitled to a loaner car. It's a dealer courtesy, and nothing more.

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
In an SVT Focus, there is a standard Focus Manual, along with an SVT manual stating quite clearly that the owner is entitled to a free rental upon bringing their vehicle in for warranty work.

I brought mine in 4 times and had a free Enterprise Rental Escape FREE everytime.

·
Registered
333 Posts
In an SVT Focus, there is a standard Focus Manual, along with an SVT manual stating quite clearly that the owner is entitled to a free rental upon bringing their vehicle in for warranty work.

I brought mine in 4 times and had a free Enterprise Rental Escape FREE everytime.
Once again, it's up the dealer. A rental, is even different than a loaner.

The program only covers basic warranty. No SVTF could possibly still be under basic warranty as we close in on 2009. You're not entitled to a loaner for an ESP.

I'm not saying you won't get one, again, it's up the dealer. They may like you that day, or may extend the SVT courtesy, or just might give you one because they are slow and want your business. My point is, you can demand one all you want, they make the choice, not Ford.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
Moved to "SVT Owner's Lounge"

i myself have gotten a free loaner evertime i had my car in. before and after the 3yr/36k warranty

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SVT is fixed and they did everything they could to make me happy...which is a first

·
bow chicka wow wow
4,051 Posts
isint the SVT warranty 5 years/100k?

im the 2nd owner... but im hoping i can call the dealership and get them to honor it if thats right?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
the 5yr/100k was only available for late 03's and 04 models i believe.

Also...the free rental. That is entirely up to the dealer...but bad luck to most is that since svt "disbanded" the whole free rental thing is never guaranteed anymore.

Depending on your warranty...you might be entitled to a discount on a rental car but nothing else. (at least i know i was with my extended warranty.)

·
bow chicka wow wow
4,051 Posts
well.. mine was sold to me "used" and no warranty.. but im gonna try and see if I can flirt my way into getting the warranty.. haha

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Once again, it's up the dealer. A rental, is even different than a loaner.

The program only covers basic warranty. No SVTF could possibly still be under basic warranty as we close in on 2009. You're not entitled to a loaner for an ESP.

I'm not saying you won't get one, again, it's up the dealer. They may like you that day, or may extend the SVT courtesy, or just might give you one because they are slow and want your business. My point is, you can demand one all you want, they make the choice, not Ford.
extended drivetrain waranty until 75000 miles..

·
Registered
555 Posts
[driving] My 03 is under warrenty till 12-29-09,or 100k, when I bought it I paid for the premium care bumper to bumper warrenty, 50 bucks deductable, everything but normal wear parts is covered and I get a loaner for no charge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts