Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what ecu would I have to use in order to run a svt motor and get the intake mani. to do what it's supposed to?

and how much do new svt motors go for?

and will it bolt up to my zetec axles, mounts ect....

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
If you are running a MTX 75 I would say the SVT ecu. If you are taking about an automatic trans, you may be on your own for that.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Then I would say the SVT computer.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
I think the svt has a different harness, but I dont know. You will have to get some input from the SVT guys. I havent messed with the svt motor, just the regular zetec.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
if you could spend a little money on a chiltons repair manuel at the nearest

auto parts store car quest napa or checkers i would advise it would be very

easy to find that information in a repair manuel

whoops double click

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
some buddy?
im pretty sure the svt has a 2.3 or 2.0 L engine it could even be zetec check under the hood on the engine and

see if it says zetec or split port , if the engine is zetec then it 2.0 if the engine says split port then its

2.0 L or 2.3Lregardless its going to cost alot especially if you take it to a mechanic
2.0L2.3L and spi engines are both 16 valve double overhead camshaftsfour cylinder,in-line design,mounted transversly at the front of the vehiclewith the transmission on its lefthand end.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
SVT is a Zetec engine... You can find them from $300 and up (accessories and harness inclusion will vary).

You will need the wiring, engine harness, gauge cluster, PCM, and several other things... Do a search on here... someone just recently put an SVT engine/tranny into a sedan.

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
To use the MTX trans on a SVT engine you have to use the MTX clutch and flywheel then the SVT ECU would not work because the SVT uses a Diff amount of pickups and frequency

Tom

·
Registered
56 Posts
not even close to a direct bolt in. You need lots of parts so it'll run stock.consider $2-4k depending on who and what you know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts