Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as the title states I am looking to rebuilt my motor. Didn't like it when I sprayed it with a 50 shot.

Basically my goals are a reliable motor that runs of 91 octane, and doesn't mind some nitrous up to a 100 shot.

I want to do the whole bit, head and bottom end. I already found a good shop that would do the motor rebuilt for $800 in labor cost if I pull the motor my self and bring it there.
First, is that a good price? Its in Canadian dollars so equal to about $685 US.

Second I am not sure on what parts to get and where to get them. I looked around at cfm, but most of their stuff seems to be for the normal zetec motor and not svt specific. I am looking to spend around $1500 in parts, so that the whole thing will be under $2500. Is this a realistic budget? And what parts should I buy?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Uhmm... How did your motor not like a 50 shot of laughin gas??? my 02 SVTs takin down like 20lbs of nitrous runnin a 90 shot and its gone through every thing but the motor: clutch, tires, brakes, my competition, and a set of new spark plugs when i was runnin the wrong tune!!... whoops... but this is acutally similar to my build except im plannin on usin a fogger system on 125 and prolly gonna get the CFM intake manifold... even though i hate to lose the dual stage.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I was running way lean for some reason, no idea why though. I have fuel pressure switch and window switched hooked up, and after a run from 2nd to 4th my motor stopped pulling at 5000 rpm in 4th, and after that it was running like crap, could barely pull away from stop signs and was sounding like a tractor. turned out I have no compression on cylinder 1. I didn't pull the head yet, so it might just be a problem with valves. But i thought because my engine has 140k on it already i might as well rebuilt the whole thing.

What do you guys think about the labor cost, and my budget??

Also should I get new valve springs??

·
Banned
143 Posts
if you are set on doing a rebuild you might as well bore out the block while its all apart. and maybe put some sleeves in the cylinders if you're gonna get serious with the nitrous.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Man your gonna have a sweet motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts