Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2004 svt with 215/40/17 tires, stock tires are 45 series. i live in milwaukee with lots of pot holes and construction. what i want to do is lower the car to have a clean stance with out rubbing. i dont have money for coilovers, just looking to do shocks and springs kit that can perform. my front end from the center of the tire up to the fender lip is at 25 3/4in, and the rear is sitting at 24 1/4in, im looking to level out the car and to have a wheel gap very little. does anyone have some pics of their svt with a kit and what kit is on it thanks,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Coilovers are the only thing that is going to get you low enough to get rid of wheel gap and level the car. Sorry to be blunt but it is what it is.

This is my car with 205/45/17 tires on about a 2.5" drop spring. I have little wheel gap but if I had a 40 series tire I'd have a large gap.

100_0425 by [email protected], on Flickr

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just picked up a set of H&R race coils and AGX's this week. Should have them installed in a few weeks I'll put up a photo for you. And i am ABSOLUTELY MAKING SURE i have an internal spring compressor for the job.

If you're thinking about swapping out make sure you have one of these, the lower control arm bolts rusts into the bushings...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
What bushing's?

Just picked up a set of H&R race coils and AGX's this week. Should have them installed in a few weeks I'll put up a photo for you. And i am ABSOLUTELY MAKING SURE i have an internal spring compressor for the job.

If you're thinking about swapping out make sure you have one of these, the lower control arm bolts rusts into the bushings...
What bushing are you talking about? I just undo the sway bar link's, zip the bolt off of the back of the lower control arm & zip off the lower shock bolt & the arm swing's down inward to release the spring. There's no bushing's on those bolt's. That's just how I do it!

·
Registered
120 Posts
What bushing are you talking about? I just undo the sway bar link's, zip the bolt off of the back of the lower control arm & zip off the lower shock bolt & the arm swing's down inward to release the spring. There's no bushing's on those bolt's. That's just how I do it!
I was searching through the forum for people installing an aftermarket suspension and a lot of people were having trouble with that bolt [scream]

I just don't want to be taking any chances haha

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just got the Eibach Pro kit installed and I gotta tell you its a really good cheap upgrade. I seem to be lucky in that it aligned right up and no camber issues. Acceleration increased as well as handling. It takes a couple days for them to settle in and the ride is just stiff enough. Ill try and get some pics. I'm running 16's but it's still looks kinda sexy [thumb]

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Look in the official suspension thread archives by norcal it has lots of pics of all kinds of suspension

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
We had 6 full suspension swaps at a techday last year and didn't use a spring compressor only once(he kept the stock springs swapped shocks only). Lowering/race spring are shorter so no need to compress on the strut

1 - 9 of 9 Posts