Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been asked before but...

Are there any problems bolting on a SVT JRSC on a normal Focus? (By normal, I mean DOHC 2.0L Zetec.) I don't care about tuning issues because that will all be custom.

Are the pulleys in the same place? Are the bolt holes in the cylinder head in the same place? Etc...

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, but the ports won't line up, so the holes would have to be extended like the svt intake manifold. I also believe the alternator would be an issue as they are in slightly different locations. So the M62 MIGHT not fit. I think you'd need the SVT alternator bracket if I'm mistaken I KNOW someone will correct me. Your second option would be to use the zetec manifold with the M62 blower. But then you'd need some machine work to get them to mate. So unless you're getting it for free or cheap enough to justify it vs. the powerworks go ahead and try otherwise get the powerworks... or turbo it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I was pondering the same idea, even had the blower available for next to nothing. Wound up ditching the project and buying a PW kit, its much better anyway, cuz its intercooled.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
dunno yet, the engine rebuild isnt broken in yet. probably around 300-320 crank, 240-250 to the wheels with my new tune.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone put a JRSC SVT supercharger on a normal Focus? Or are people just jumping on the powerworks kit?

scyzzo17 said:
Yes, but the ports won't line up, so the holes would have to be extended like the svt intake manifold. I also believe the alternator would be an issue as they are in slightly different locations. So the M62 MIGHT not fit. I think you'd need the SVT alternator bracket if I'm mistaken I KNOW someone will correct me. Your second option would be to use the zetec manifold with the M62 blower. But then you'd need some machine work to get them to mate. So unless you're getting it for free or cheap enough to justify it vs. the powerworks go ahead and try otherwise get the powerworks... or turbo it.
Well I just bought a JRSC SVT supercharger off of Protuga in the classifieds. It's going to be going on my Contour Zetec. The accessory drive is quite a bit different from the Focus, so I'm sure it will be interesting.

The good thing is that the 98+ Contour Zetecs are almost identical to the Focus Zetec. I should be able to grab parts off of one of those and make something work.

Later,
Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts