Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks I just picked up an svt engine and transmission for next to nothing and couldn't pass it up.
so here's the question: what parts would be good to swap to my car? Or would it just be worth it to put the whole thing into my car? I know the head and header are probably the two big things, beyond that I'm not sure. is the transmission worth it? looking to go fi way later in the future and I read somewhere its a weak transmission and really isn't better than the stock one in economy or performance. Just kind of looking for general advice, but Im sure I'll be asking for "how to's" as the discussion progresses.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You'd need axles to match the trans., plus shifter/cables.

For using the WHOLE engine as is it would need electronics/controls as well.

VCT delete would let you use the engine by itself as long as tuning was done to adapt to it. (SVT header would be nice)

Don't know how "complete" it is from the description as far as external parts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It should be coming with all of the above, guy only wanted to keep the shell of the car. And I have tom for a tune.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Either way it'll be a lot of work. I just want to take the best of each car. The iffy things I've come across is tranny for high HP, intake at some point tom said is with 3hp but isn't anything special beyond the tb. The only two as stated before that I know will make a considerable difference is the head worth 15hp and the header till I get my fi. Then you have the cams of which I know little about, high compression pistons, and I'm not sure if anything elce, or about how much HP difference they make. Any parts I need I can let the guy know and he can send them to me, I'm not sure what he is using the shell for but he doesnt need any of the parts I'd likely need.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
There's a good thread current in the Showroom section, where an SVT conversion was made to an SPI Wagon. I'll look for that & post the link here for future reference.

Here ya go:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367473

It was in here while in progress, got moved there after completed & the build moved on to smaller items.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey that's a start, I've also decided the zetec tranny will be better, the big selling point for me was something about 5th gear in focus is about 3k at 70 where as the svt in 6 is over 3500 tells me that economy will likely be better with 5speed. Less work and I already have a stg 4 clutch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts