Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT intake

595 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  focaltech 
#1 ·
I was reading the ford focus builder's handbook, and i like what the SVT team has done with the intake. Does anybody know where one of these may be gotten from? or maybe something of the likes....

#9 ·
haha vtec........anyway it would besilly to do this swap, it wouldnt be worth it anyway, youd be good w/ a ported 2000 if that even, if and when you make enough power you can get teh FR mani but i doubt you are now

#12 ·
ya. i just like more of a challenge than to go out, get an S2000 and smoke everybody off the block. Whats the fun in that? besides saying that i can shift good what have i done to the car, what do i know about the i-vtech. most ppl that have a honda are like, i dont know what it does, but i like it!! i know what my engine does, cause i built it up from stock...

#13 ·
EuroZX3 said:
wont work with our cars because we dont have a way to control which runners work
But any thing can be made to work......

mofocus said:
anyway it would besilly to do this swap, it wouldnt be worth it anyway
Why is that? i thought that if you could get the best of 2 worlds, you would be better off. The dyno in the builders handbook show that they make a difference. i wouldn't mind having a dual cam profile also, thats just gonna take a couple more years for someone to think of a way to do that... hmmmm, maybe a camshaft with 3 profiles on it..... that would be nice. then we wouldnt have to worry about giving up low end torque for high end. that would open so many more doors....

#14 ·
dustinkimble said:
But any thing can be made to work......

Why is that? i thought that if you could get the best of 2 worlds, you would be better off. The dyno in the builders handbook show that they make a difference. i wouldn't mind having a dual cam profile also, thats just gonna take a couple more years for someone to think of a way to do that... hmmmm, maybe a camshaft with 3 profiles on it..... that would be nice. then we wouldnt have to worry about giving up low end torque for high end. that would open so many more doors....
Yes just wait till all of the problems these manifolds incur then you will think diffrently. Btw, have you seen the cost of this swap, not real cheap!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.