Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day I honk my horn and it sounds severly muffled. Previously I wait for the honk when I lock my car. Is it broke or are the connections faulty? My car has 53,xxx miles.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
had to have mine replaced twice and its goin out again.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
To heck with the stock horn, go here and get you a REAL horn. LOL

www.hornblasters.com

Go to the videos and watch the "terror on the streets" vid clips, enjoy! lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Or you could do this

Hella SUperTone horns. Loud, nice beep-type tone, figure it's european-based for cars across the pond. Environment proof. I use the original horn bracket, just mounted it differently. Simple install - just splice on wiring to the original connectors and there you go. Was an Ebay purchase. Rather than get Ford to do it, and then have those fail too, I just footed the bill and did it myself. Headache free and you will get someone's attention when you lay on the horn! [thumb]

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
SVT_BMXer said:
had to have mine replaced twice and its goin out again.
Had mine replaced twice also, but luckily for me i had the extended warranty so i didn't have to pay for either of them. But so far so good...I haven't had to replace it a 3rd time.....yet.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
superchop said:
Had mine replaced twice also, but luckily for me i had the extended warranty so i didn't have to pay for either of them. But so far so good...I haven't had to replace it a 3rd time.....yet.
Me neither....but only cause i dont feel like paying cause my warranty is up [?|]

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Mine decides to go out on its on every now and then. For about 2 months it didn't work at all and then one day it started working again and it's worked fine for about 3-4 months now. It had done that before also.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting svt geek, maybe I will give it a month and see what happens. My moisture in headlight problem fixed itself so maybe this will as well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
There are several options. You might be able to fix the horns the way I did, all you need are some tools and a big can of WD40.

Remove the horns with the bracket attached. Find a way to hold them so the following works (I propped mine up with a cardboard box and some rags).

Fill the horns with WD40 and let them soak for an hour or more. Then work the WD40 out as much as possible (it won't all evaporate as it gets trapped in the horn). I have a compressor in my garage, so I was able to blow them out pretty well.

This worked very well for me.

Or, replace the horns, as has been stated.

Or .. - use your finger like everyone else. [}:)]

·
Registered
420 Posts
Panic said:
Does anyone know if a svt spoiler will fit on my 06 zx3?, should not matter what year right
??????

This thread is about broken horns...

I personally don't know if the hatch on your 06 is the same as the one on my SVT. If you like the SVT spoiler, you can probably find an aftermarket one for the 06 which is similar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts