Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SVT HID's LED blinker problem

So i put hyper white LED's in the blinkers for the SVT HID's however they go into hyper blinking mode, I've tried to splice into the wiring with a load resistor and that doesn't seem to work. anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
25 Ohm, they are running from directly after the SVT harness to the harness for the grill lights. the website i got them said connect one end to the positive wire and the other to the negative but others had said resistors don't have negative sides so now they are + to + instead of + to -. so i don't know what to do from here.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Some of those slice-in resistors they sell require them to be placed on each light that is on the blinker to function properly (so you'd need three on each side of the car; front signal, side marker and rear signal.) IMO the blinker system on modern cars is too complicated...yeah, its nice from the standpoint that if one bulb burns out that side will flash faster and give you an indication that the bulb is out, but it takes too much legwork to get LEDs to function properly. Its either stick with incandescent bulbs and have a normal turn signal or use LEDs and put up with the faster blink.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts