Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very fortunate enough to finally get a pair of HIDs for my SVT finally! When they come in I will paint the inside to mach the SVT style housing.....until then....

Ebay Item Number: 230007021888

I've been doing research on the install on non-HID equipped foci's and discovered that I will need a wiring harness. As well as some other small items.

With that said. Will I need the VW Adapter too? Or is that if I decide to splice into the wires. I am a bit confused as I could of sworn that I do not need it, if I get the Geniune Ford Harness. If I get the Ford Harness, then I will not have to splice into it right?

For those that have installed it on their SVT's what were the parts you needed?

I have a list here that was shown on the FJ website...

24 x Wires for VW Adapter
2 x VW Adapter (To HID)
2 x Wire Harness (From non-HID harness)
2 x 15A fuse

Thanks for your help!
P.S. I do have the Install PDF from FJ.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't think Ford offers just the harness on it's own

I believe that you have to build the harness to go in-between your factory harness to the headlight using the parts you have listed

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
not a bad price for brandnew save about 300 bucks, good find i was lookin at that when it was at like 200 bucks....

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Alright cool. I jsut wanted to make sure.

I thought I got these cheap too. I can't wait to get them in! There is still a left and right one available separately from 2 sellers on ebay.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
you said you are going to paint the inside? you mean seperate the clear plastic from the housing, and the paint all the chrome? its been done a few times on here. UtahSVT has done it to his. im just leary about cracking open uber-expensive headlights.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
i have HID's

i'm almost 100% positive you can get the harness (if you even need it) from ford racing. some of the later model headlights don't need the harness!.

go ahead and buy them, THEN get what you need, don't spend money you don't have to.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Scrammer, I just think that is to much chrome in the housing, but I guess that's where it gets its brightness from. We'll see...I'm still reading the "How To's" to make sure I am ready.

Jaimz22: I'll go ahead and get the harness to be safe and work from there.

thanks for the help guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts