Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
OEM low beam HID bulbs for the Focus are $179.35 each from FoMoCo. The part number is YM2Z-13466-DA. For that price, I hope and pray the igniter comes with them!!! The ballast is $494.69, part number 2M5Z-13C170-AA or Motorcraft DY-986. My parts catalog says the ballast is located on the bottom of the headlamp assembly. It just doesn't say which lamp.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
NEVER buy the bulbs at the dealer...$179 each? Most other places will sell you the pair for that much or less, and you'd have an option on color temperature instead of just 4300K which is kind of yellow in comparison with other bulbs. I would think you could get a pair of Sylvania D2S 4300K bulbs (which is what the lamps come with from the factory) for about the same as what the dealer is charging for one.

Same thing goes for the ballast...if you add those prices up (x2) just the bulbs and ballasts sell individually for more than a new set of lamps cost from Ford Racing. Big time dealership markup on both items.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts

Sort of off-topic, but does anyone know what that little knob inside the rear cap (to the left of the HID) does? When I replaced my bulbs I screwed them in because it seems like they hold the HID reflector in place, but I think I screwed the tilt of the reflector up when I did it because when I go to highbeam there's a very distinct cutoff between HID and halogen. Any ideas?

*edit*

You might want to try a SVT-certified dealership and specifically ask about the caps for EAP headlights. If you tell them HIDs they might not know what you're talking about...

·
Registered
20 Posts
dont lose time and money trying to fix this headlights, put them on ebay, and get some in good working condition

that's what i would do[thumb]

21 - 26 of 26 Posts