Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to make sure I'm on target here. The heated mirrors can be fitted to a ZX5 with power mirrors and work properly with the defrost button? They are manual fold? Just making sure. SVTF are not plentiful here.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Yes. I put a set on my 04 zx3

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
And yes, they are manual folding.

·
Registered
609 Posts
While the SVT folding/heated mirrors will bolt up and move just fine, the heated mirror part may not.

I am planning on doing the same thing on my 06 ZXW SE, however when checking things out I found that while I had the wires in the door going to the mirror electrical connector they have power going to them or even to the heated mirror fuse in the under dash fuse panel. I haven't check yet to see where the wiring ends at or what it will take to get the wiring run properly, but it is something I will probably look into this spring after it gets warm enough again to work outside.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Possible the wiring is a bit different on an 06. Mine's a 02 ZX5. The re were several differences starting in 05 I think.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just put it out there as something to be aware of. You can at least tell if the door is wired for the heated mirrors if the door side of the power mirror electrical connector has 5 wires in it (1 row of 3 pins which is for the motors and 1 row of 2 pins for the heater element) or just the 5 wire connector with the 3 motor wires going to it. Wiring beyond that, like with other things like the factory for the factory fog light wiring (some cars like my 06 ZXW have it but others like Gudziel's 07 ZX4 don't) can be a crap shoot at times.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went out and checked my wiring just now. The car harness only has the 3 wires going into the plug, as does the mirror plug. Is that a no go?

I mainly was after the body color caps with the heat (and fold) an added bonus, albeit a nice one.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts
I went out and checked my wiring just now. The car harness only has the 3 wires going into the plug, as does the mirror plug. Is that a no go?

I mainly was after the body color caps with the heat (and fold) an added bonus, albeit a nice one.
The heat wont work without the two extra wires, somebody here has added the wires to the rear defrost circuit though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts