Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Svt headers and exhaust?

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Trev FF 
#1 ·
I'm wanting to convert my stock zetec headers to the complete set of the svt models. Exhaust headers tubes etc. Also this cord can I do something about it so it's hidden? It's the one that hangs over the ford logo.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
there are several write ups. a quick search should give you everything you need.
Need the header, the cat, the flex, wire to extend your O2 sensors, a new dip stick, a new power steering pump pressure line, and a SVT cat back 2.5" or larger.

Also its a straight/inline 4 cylinder so only 1 header.

that is your main throttle cable, sorry not much you can do to route it differently.

#4 ·
Oh, also as a note you need a tune and or need to decide if you want to hook up your EGR or not.

As far as a place to buy it all. go on the for sale section of the forum for a lot of it unless you have the $$ burning a hole in your pocket for new. You have to source it from a few places. Ford Racing I think still has the header available and the cat but your going to pay top dollar for that. C-F-M.com has a lot of the stuff. TruBendz.com offers good kits for a good price (get the resonator option). Tom (1TurboFocus) on here provides a good tune with free updates as you build up your system and will build custom tunes for you from your data logging.

#6 ·
you might be able to find and svt header set up on here. i just disconnected my egr tube, no check engine light. weird but its possible. and the power steering line is a deffinate! i used my stock one and it melted.
Header, cat, and flex: on here maybe
Power steering line: o'reilly's

#7 ·
A note on the power steering is that the SVT has its pressure sensor located on the line vs the pump. This does not matter other than there will be a hole you need filled. you can try to find a plug & gasket to plug it or some members just go to the junk yard and get a junk sensor off a focus to put in its place (IIRC same part just different location). I was able to get a plug from O'Reilly's that worked.

also exhaust wrap is usually a very common addition and easy to install when the header is not in the car. You can also grind down the points that the head shield attached to the header if you do this and gives it a cleaner look.

EGR may give you no light, but if in a state with emissions (which even if your state does not have emissions is technically illegal to drive on U.S. roads due to emission tampering) then you will want to have it appear to be hooked up or functioning as visual inspections can catch this if the guy has half a head on what he is looking at and for.

#8 ·
Yea i got a bolt at o reillys that fit it. and my egr appears to be hooked up but really isnt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.