Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to recieve some SVT headers i bought for my 2000 zx3. Any tips about installation or any probs i might run into?

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
you need and svt cat and flex, that the power steering line needs to be "bent" out of the way or replaced with the svt line, and the oil dipsitck tube should be replaced with an svt one, im not sure if the stock can still be used, but im pretty sure the stock wont work

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
^^ what he said ..
if you dont have that stuff i have an svt flex pipe
pm if you need it...

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
make sure you have a new HG too, you may be able to get away w/ using the stock one, but i wouldn't want to do all the work and come to find i have an exhaust leak!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
if your not in a hurry to install it, make your self cat like Random Tec, esay job.

if you don't want to tampa with ur ps line, make sure you wrap ur headers then.... wrap the farthes left 1 really good so it doesn't heat up ur ps line. and then don't forget to spray it down. ( a nice smell will come from the wrap)

enjoy getting the bottom far left bolt out of ur headers... if ur header/ cat bolt was hard like mine... enjoy!

·
Registered
689 Posts
You might have a bit of trouble getting it past the fans, had to remove mine. But I wrapped my header so it was a bit bulkier. I also needed O2 sensor extensions to connect my sensors to the RT Cat.

I agree with toeycrack, get the Random Tech High-Flow Cat. It makes the installation much easier in my experience.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, do i really have to buy all that extra shit in order for the headers to work with no problems? Flexpipe, Catalytic converter, and oil dipstick?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
yes, this is the stock exhaust maniflod from the svt focus. except it has an egr bung added. anyway since this is svt, you have to have a svt cat and flex for it to work. trust me tho its VERY worth it in my opinion. one of the best N/A header out there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wtf? so i can never install SVT headers unless i spend $2-4k. what a waste i could just throw in a turbo if i bought that man. thats false

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
fasterthanu is right i talked to ford and the stock cat new is like $2000. when ford runs low on parts they jack the price up.

i got my svt cat for $105 shipped to my door from svtsalvage.com

cheapest flex i know about is trubendz for$100 for a 2.5" plus its cheaperthan a stock flex

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
here's a list of what you need to complete the header swap:
-svt header
-cat(highflow, stock, or offroad pipe)
-flex(trubendz sells a 2.5" flex for $100)
-svt dipstick(comes with kit from ford)
-egr tubes(comes with kit from ford)
-gaskets:head/header(comes with the kit), header/cat, cat/flex, flex/catback(i reused
this peice)
-bolts(massive sells a header bolt kit that has the cool allen head bolts for cheap)
-O2 sensor extender, or O2 eliminator
-O2 sensor removal tool or large cresent wrench

make sure you have all of these^ and you should be fine

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
and pb blaster. also i didnt have to extend my o2's jut take them out of the loom untill you have enough then re loom them. anothe btw gut your flex from mcnews i got the trubendz one and its terrable. the welds are bad and its to short by about 1/8 an inch or so

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
really? my trubendz flex looked pretty good, it fit perfectly too. not to mention it was 50 or 60 bucks less

1 - 20 of 49 Posts