Registered
1,288 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
+1 on the jet hot coating, heard great things about it.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
You could also wrap it.....

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
how is your wrap holding up? can we powdercoat our headers? cuz i really want to get rid of that pesky shield, and i cannot afford the down time for Jet-Coating. i think someone asked them how long it would take a while back. i believe they quoted 1-2 weeks. removal, powdercoat and installation can all be done in 1-2 days.
unless someone has a spare header laying around.
there we go, lets have a community header. (sounds kind of kinky) but for real. lets all pitch in for a new or used header, and each guy pays s/h from place to place in order to take care of down time it takes with Jet-Coating. sounds like a pretty kewl idea. though, im sure some untruthful slacker would mess it up for all of us.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ford raceing does but i can get an SVT header for $222 shiped i dont want to spend a 340 on a coated one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Powdercoating would not hack it. It would crack from the intense heat generated by the exhaust gasses. Jet Hot coatings are able to withstand 1300 degrees F or 2000 degrees F depending on which coating you go with. They do the outside as well as the inside so your exhaust heat is 1: better contained within the header and 2: can flow out of the header quicker due to the smoother inner surface. Nate.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a quote from jet hot that said to coat the header would be about ~148.00 which is very reasonable. They said that once they get the header it would take about 1-3 days to get it back to you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts