Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so is the SVT header a direct swap? do i get rid of the cat and basically attach it right where the cat attached? is their welding required?

·
Registered
155 Posts
theres alot more to it... the svt header replaces the stock manifold and catalytic converter but you need another piece. either a random tech highflow cat specifically for the svt header on a normal zetec, or a "test pipe" which is about a foot long to mate to the stock zetec flexpipe location... the svt header requires the use of a different egr tube and also the svt dipstick tube/dipstick. many people recommend getting the svt power steering line as well as the stock powersteering line runs close to the header which may cause it to burst. (i personally have had no such problems.) no welding is required and it bolts directly to the head but as i said it does require another pipe to mate to a regular zetec flexpipe. hope this helped. everything you need can be gotten from www.mcnewsautomotive.com. ray knows his stuff there and they have some of the best prices in the business.[thumb]

·
Registered
797 Posts
what exactly has to be done for the egr tube?

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
^ as long as you get the kit from mcnews, and dont try to piece it yourself, everythin you will need youll have with the kit..if i could go back i would have gone with the svt style exhaust

·
Registered
538 Posts
sorry to jump in...but if you had say..........a 01 zx3 w/ the svt header, which gasket do you use, the svt or the zetec. or are they the same ?

The kit is the best way to go, or find a part out SVT. sometimes you can find that here like I did about 2 hrs ago. Just need a gasket.

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
is the svt header that good over let say OBX header? im talking power gains? i mean i could get the obx header for around 200 shipped., now is the svt header kit is 270 + the svt cat or orp thats 175 thats like 445 +shipping. is it worth it? im not bashing i just want to know, because im gonna be in the market for a header in a couple of weeks, so just trying to figuer it out... i know obx is bad quality but still thats like doble the price for almost the same gains??

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
itll make the same gains, also i used a regular zetec gasket on my svt header and i just removed the egr completely.

·
Registered
538 Posts
thanks for the gasket info BlackNRed01
I'm on it like it's cool. I drive my focus everyday but w/out dynos. I'll come back w/ a report on how I feel or do not feel any differences in the new exaust setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts