Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, sorry for making this thread---I know there are many similar ones already out there, but I just want to clarify everything.

In order to bolt up the SVT header to the Zetec, what are all of the parts that are needed? Here is what I've come up with....what's missing?

SVT Header
--weld in the EGR bung
SVT cat or ORP
SVT oil dipstick

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Best to get the kit from FRPP, it comes with everything you need except the cat/orp and flex from a svt.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^

What he said.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
you will also need to get the SVT power steering hose line and a small fitting. I'm doing the install also and it takes a few mods to get it right. And ou will need to get the SVT flexpipe if you are gonna use the SVT orp. You could also go to McNews and they have a ORP the is placed after the SVT header to the Stock flexpipe.

·
FF Affiliate
30,879 Posts
SuperFlea said:
you will also need to get the SVT power steering hose line and a small fitting.
I have never changed the PS hose to the SVT , iThe ZX3 one can be moved to be safe and out of the way

Tom

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
^^^ ok good. i was just gonna ask if i need to get the svt PS line.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Get the SVT line. I've seen too many Zetec lines moved out of the way and then they explode. It's not worth the risk. If you are going to do the install, do it right.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does the Zetec line just get too hot? If that is the case, couldn't you just wrap it in heat wrap?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
so the svt line just bolts up with no modifications?

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
nov173 said:
so the svt line just bolts up with no modifications?

yes sir, with the fitting for the steering rack end. These are the part numbers ->

SVT Power Steering Hose 2M5Z-3A719-AB $100ish -> or 2M5Z 3A719 CA

SVT PS connector F5RZ-3R608-B $5ish

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
SuperFlea said:
yes sir, with the fitting for the steering rack end. These are the part numbers ->

SVT Power Steering Hose 2M5Z-3A719-AB $100ish -> or 2M5Z 3A719 CA

SVT PS connector F5RZ-3R608-B $5ish
If you are over at FJ, shoot FORDSVTPARTS a PM and he should be able to give you some prices on those parts.

Even with heatwrap on the P/S line, it has still burst on some people.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How about heat wrap on both the header and the PS line? (can you tell I'm avoiding the $100 SVT line?)

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
that might just help out alot. To be honest, i wouldn't be so confident driving my car that way, since it's still to close to the header, but that's just me. You could try that, and if it woks, than you'll avoid spending $ 100 bucks. Be carfull though, and moniter constantly the ps line just to be sure.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Pkmgarf said:
How about heat wrap on both the header and the PS line? (can you tell I'm avoiding the $100 SVT line?)
Take it from someone thats been doing this awhile. Spend the $100. Its worth far more than that to not have your car take a poo on the road.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts