Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a shop take care of my svt header swap for me as i lacked the tools to cut the old exhaust(flex back) off, nor had much time for it, and they did a decent job however left the system without any o2 sensors hooked up at all.

So the question is, where should I have the shop place the bung for the o2 sensor, does it go closer to the engine or should it be where all the exhaust is collected into a single pipe just before the cat. Also, is there a specific part I should buy to have them use, or should the shop already have what I need? I plan on pulling the header back off to take it to somewhere more local for the weld, and then wrapping it with header wrap before putting it back on. Only had this setup for about 100 miles.

I am still a noob so please, the more details the better. Thanks

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Where all 4 pipes come to one or in the pipe bolted to the SVT header right at the header
Most muffler shops have the bung to weld in for the o2

Tom

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I put mine in just after the collector. I didn't think it'd be easy to weld into the header at all, the collector is very small and the oil pan is in the way. After all that there's plenty of safe room and works very well.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Thought the o2's where on the cat at the beginning and end?

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile This is why for most that want the svt header you should get the one that has already been modified for non svt zetec use (it has the O2 sensor bung). But +1 to what turbo Tom said.

Edit: Not finding anyone who sales modified svt header kits any ore anyway. Boo

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive got the svt header cat & flex with the fswerks stealth behind that. neither o2 has been hooked up yet(rear one isnt long enough and front was explained in the op) been sick pretty much all month and havent had the chance to take care of it.

I looked for a svt header that was ready for non-svt zetec use but was unable to find one in almost a year of looking. I saw one once right at the very start of my search, but couldnt afford it at that point, never saw it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts