Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i put in my svt header kit,minus the cat(still working on it) this weekend, and unforanitly i didn't know what spot the ps line would burst. now that the header is in, and it right on the ps line, i want to know how long would it take for it to blow? if it last till this weekend, im going to bend it.

please post before tomorrow..

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
i might not be remembering correctly but isnt yours wrapped?
if its wrapped it should never burst!
if your header isnt wrapped when it bursts will depend how long you drive it at a time how hard you drive it how cold it is etc

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i might not be remembering correctly but isnt yours wrapped?
if its wrapped it should never burst!
if your header isnt wrapped when it bursts will depend how long you drive it at a time how hard you drive it how cold it is etc

if having my header wrapped up meaning that it will prevent the ps line from bursting, then im there. but i still have doubts about it.... or am i just tard atm.

anyways, ill have the whole thing done tomorrow, just gota cut a small peice of pipe and get that welded on with the Flange and im there!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
if having my header wrapped up meaning that it will prevent the ps line from bursting, then im there. but i still have doubts about it.... or am i just tard atm.

anyways, ill have the whole thing done tomorrow, just gota cut a small peice of pipe and get that welded on with the Flange and im there!
^quoted the wrong post^ (im a little buzzzed right now sry)

i saw in one of your other threads that you were using a unversal cat. did you ever get it to work? if you did, let me know how you did it. i have the stock svt cat (b/c im broke) and was wanting to get a hi-flow cat in the near future. if you got yours to work could you tell me how you did it? props on the fabricated cat bro!! [thumb] that is if you used it. lol

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts

my header was wrapped and i never bent the ps line and had no problems
this included several autox's highway runs and 2 hour drives in 95 degree weather!
i'm pretty sure if you wrap it you'll be fine! [:D]

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i;ve complete the install for about a week now.
i have my headers wrapped up, better and more layors on the pipe that touches the ps line... i haven't had a problem yet and i hope to continue not to have any with the ps line.

i never got around to install the wire wrap for over the ps line....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts