Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a SVT header swap what all do i need?

I know i need the header but what do i use in the way of the cat section and the flex section?

I tried to search but im just not finding the pictures i want to look at for this.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
you can get the SVT flexpipe and cat or you can use the regular zx3 flex and Random Tech cat. I used the Random Tech Cat and trubendz felx for Zx3.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so if i understand this correctly....

SVT header, SVT orp or highflow cat and zx3 flex will work? basically what im concerned about is the header to flex portion?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yes...the only problem I had with using the regular ZX3 flex was the where it connects to the cat it doesn't line up exactly to the bracket that is there. I've had mine like that for a year now with no probs.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes...the only problem I had with using the regular ZX3 flex was the where it connects to the cat it doesn't line up exactly to the bracket that is there. I've had mine like that for a year now with no probs.
Using the stock flex is only a temp thing. I want to get the header installed all new up to the flex. After that i will order a new flex and build a new exhaust from the flex back.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
or u can build ur own cat... that's what i did.

all in all i save quick a bit of money, instead of buying a rt cat.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
hey toeycrack, do you think it would work if i welded a universal hi flow cat in an ORP?

Using the stock flex is only a temp thing. I want to get the header installed all new up to the flex. After that i will order a new flex and build a new exhaust from the flex back.
if you order the hi-flow cat for the zetec header swap you can still use the stock flex. also when upgrading your flex obviously you would need the zetec flex pipe not svt.

i went with the stock svt cat and 2.5" svt flex. got both for about $200. ordered the cat used from svtsalvage.com. you should send them an e-mail if you want to save on your budget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts