Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few threads that suggest using a svt header on a ZX3 .

how does this work

can anyone help me out

what other mods have to be done to make it work

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
they have told me its a direct bolt on...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
would it be worth the money to get a svt header?I have a fc race header and payed alout of money for it and if you can get just as much hp from the svt for less money than that sucks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The Ford Racing SVT header kit is a direct bolt on to the engine but needs a 12" pipe to connect to the factory flexpipe. This pipe needs to have O2 sensor bungs welded in and you will need 2 O2 extensions. We are working on making these pipes and Random cat for it as well.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
well sucks that you have to do all that extra work on it.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
It just so happened that, that is how ford was going to sell the kit.

Mcnews is working on making it a full bolt on kit so be patient.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Yel900rr said:
The Ford Racing SVT header kit is a direct bolt on to the engine but needs a 12" pipe to connect to the factory flexpipe. This pipe needs to have O2 sensor bungs welded in and you will need 2 O2 extensions. We are working on making these pipes and Random cat for it as well.
any chance of getting a 2.5" ORP to go w/ it?[thumb]

·
Registered
862 Posts
If you are running a 2 1/12 flexpipe we will make a cat or orp in 2 1/2 and the standard will be 2 1/2 in and 2 1/4 out. We are running a little behind to get this worked out trying to get our dyno room done and dyno installed.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I really like this option. All my perf parts have come from McNews. Looks like I'll be getting some more! Yel900rr, any guesstimate on when the full kits will be ready?

·
Registered
862 Posts
We have everything in place to work on final details we are waiting for our SVT header kits that are on backorder from FR to come in and then Random will finish the Cat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts