Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm most diffenetely thinking about this. I read the how to above but I just wanted some answers like, why wont the stock flex work? Could I not have a peice specially made to fit between the two?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the lengths of the headers are different. also, why would you want a stock flex?? they are really necked down

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
the stock flex will work. Depends on if you get the hfc from mcnews... if you get the hfc from mcnews you can use your stock flex. I have the svt kit from them and have well had the stock flex.. i upgrades to a 2.25 inch flex. the only trouble i had and you prob will have is the power steering line. the stock line runs VERY close to first runner of the svt header and will blow. Now people have bent it out of the way and worked fine.. i couldn't and my line blew after 2 days. I got the svt p/s line. Worked perfectly. You just need the svt line and an adapter. Cost like 15 bucks i believe. PM b16sir1991 and he'll get you the part number if you need.

Take a look at how my p/s line is routed compared to yours. Mine goes back and around the header leaving the far left header bolt open to remove. With the stock zetec line it is VERY dificult to get to that far left bolt. Lemme know if you have any questions.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To save money. I'll eventually get a 2.5 flex and 2.5 exhaust its just a lot of money.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll just have my local exhaust shop make me something to go from the header to the flex. I dont have to worry about emissions because I know a guy who only checks lights and tires and then your out!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
in that case have em fab up an orp for ya. You'll def need a mil eliminator for the second 02 sensor. You will get a cel for that. It will be pretty loud

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what i'll do. I know it'll be really freakin loud but thats ok I can fix that. Sometime around christmas i'll get toms tune so it would be fixed then.

On the how to he mention a 8-10whp gain. Does anyone have dyno prof of that? It honestly seems a little high to me. I'll see what I can dig up about that.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
you can just have tom disable the egr too and just plug the header where egr tube hooks up to, and he can turn off the rear 02 sensor for ya. I dunno about 8 horsepoewr but you will def notice a diff compared to stock in both power and noise. have fun with it! i have an MBRP exhaust only 2.25 inch and mine is loud up to 4k rpm

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking 7-6whp sounded possible, though 8-10 would be niiice. I'm sure I will notice a big difference. When I bought a new acc pulley I bought one w/o a/c and i noticed a difference, and that maybe got me 1whp lol.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
you will notice more power up in the higher rpm range with the svt header... It's the best you can get for the focus granted, but long tubes are better for high rpm's.. the shorty headers give you better down low... The svt will be better than stock but it's better in the higher range. That's where you will feel it more.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
Thats what i'll do. I know it'll be really freakin loud but thats ok I can fix that. Sometime around christmas i'll get toms tune so it would be fixed then.

On the how to he mention a 8-10whp gain. Does anyone have dyno prof of that? It honestly seems a little high to me. I'll see what I can dig up about that.
check out my dyno thread on the duratec section "d=Dyno be-4 and after tune" I just did it. although it is a duratec but you'll get the Idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts