Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so those of you w/ svt headers what did you do with your power steering line, mine went right after the install and i have a new one but i need to know how to route it so it never goes again, pics would also be awesome!

·
Registered
155 Posts
im still using my stock PS line.... svt header's been on there 7 months or so.. not a single issue

·
Registered
155 Posts
no. havent touched it.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
^
Yeah, I'd guess its just a coincidence...if you're paranoid you could always buy some heat shield wrap and wrap the new line in it, but in my experience with headers in general, long-tube headers clear the PS line by a good 6-8" or so, as on a non-SVT Zetec the line is routed to go above the stock header. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Same deal with me. I've had my SVTF header for about a year and half, and havent had a single problem. I did, however, wedge a piece of the old heatshield between the new header and the PS line, just to make sure the hose didnt get singed.

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok heres the thing though, the line already blew like 5 min after i started driving with the svt header, so i need to re route it, maybe moving it over will work, we will see later today.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
my SVT header is wrapped and the stock PS line has its own heat shield on it, so I moved it up to where it touches the header just to make sure it wouldnt burn the line.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I've heard of a couple other people that had this problem. From the topic that I had started, the two solutions seem to be the following: Buy the SVT power steering line and use it, or my solution was to wrap both the header and power steering line in heat wrap (that should keep plently of the heat out).

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like thats what ill do, the line is about to be fixed just waiting for the car to cool down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts