Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Grey Friar
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi SVT owners

I've been using a stainless steel bracket to secure my header since May, it went on after I removed the stock piece along with my stock cat, so could put on an ORP without over-stressing my header. It attaches between two bolt locations on the windage skirt and the top two bolts on the header/cat-pipe connection.

I have been asked by several people on FJ to make this available to them, so I contacted the shop that cut/bent the one I have on my car, and got a price for 16 (one full sheet of 3/16ths stainless)... I am making them available for $50 shipped... first-come-first-served and Pre-paid to get in on this group buy.

Here are links to the original thread about the bracket and the group-buy thread on FJ (sorry if you guys don't know me well, I haven't been around anywhere else much, because I barely have time to keep a steady presence on even one site):
http://forums.focaljet.com/ford-svt-focus-headquarters/675581-non-stock-header-cat-brackets.html
http://forums.focaljet.com/ford-svt...-svt-cat-header-bracket-group-buy-thread.html

I'm hoping by expanding exposure to this bracket, I can get enough buyers to be able to tell the shop to go ahead. PM me if you have questions, or to get my Paypal address if you want one. I have as many a 9 more to go (even though five of that nine have been requested, no money has been sent to actually secure those five pieces).

Thanks for reading... [race]

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm interested in one. PM me your paypal, and I'll send you the dollars. I already responded on FJ, so this is a duplicate response.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
What is the point of the bracket? The movement of the engine/header should be absorbed by the flexpipe, no? I think the fabricated bracket looks great, I'm just not sure what it is needed for.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
What is the point of the bracket? The movement of the engine/header should be absorbed by the flexpipe, no? I think the fabricated bracket looks great, I'm just not sure what it is needed for.
pulling on the bottom header flange is quite a bit of leveraged force to apply to the top flange nad weld etc. the idea of this is to keep the header from flexing and let the flex pipe do its work.

my only concern with this braket is that there still is a cat/orp between the flex and this bracket. as someone who has had an ORP cracked and welded multiple times, i would prefer a bracket that supports the ORP as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts